Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser switching windows randomly (Plus another question)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Russ1981

Russ1981

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:53 AM

This might be a browser issue and not Windows, but I was watching a video on youtube a little while ago, and all of a sudden it froze for a few seconds and switched to the window behind it, I didn't touch anything. I ran a scan with both AVG Internet Security and Malwarebytes and they came up clean, so I'm pretty sure I don't have a virus. I'm going to run SuperAntiSpyware soon, but I need to close my browser for that so I just wanted to post this first. I think my RAM might be going bad because I had an issue where it wouldn't come out of sleep mode completely (monitor wouldn't turn on), so maybe that's the issue? But I don't see how that would cause programs to act like that. What's strange is that I didn't have these issues until I installed a new graphics card about a week ago, although I doubt that's the issue as well.

Now for my second question, and this might not go here so I'll ask in another section if necessary. I looked through the virus removal tab, and it has CC Cleaner listed as malware. I have something called CCleaner, I'm guessing that's not the same? It was suggested by a friend. I never really use it anyway though, is it difficult to remove like the one listed? I just don't don't how much junk I may have accidentally installed that could be destroying my computer, it's hard to keep track of them all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

the crap removal program by Piriform is called CCleaner, so I'm guessing CC Cleaner is some sort of attempt to cash in on the name, or it's malware.

as far as removing junk goes, CCleaner would be one of the better ones, running it with the default settings is all you really need to do (don't use it's registry cleaner, it's not bad, it's simple not needed).

as to removing CCleaner, it's a simple a case of going into Control Panel, Programs & Features, and double clicking CCleaner to uninstall it.

Edited by dropbear, 13 August 2017 - 01:21 AM.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#3 Russ1981

Russ1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:16 AM

Okay cool, I figured it was fine, I was just making sure. Do you have any idea of what the window switching issue is about?

#4 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

sorry no, it could be as simple as a sticky keyboard key, or as problematic as faulty RAM.

if you think it's malware, your two scans you have done are good but there are many more than 'dig deeper' but that's not my place to tell you about them in this thread and I'm too new here to know how a guru from the 'malware thread' jumps in and moves you across to there to help you further.

but I'm sure they will..... :)

Edited by dropbear, 13 August 2017 - 01:24 AM.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,013 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

The scans I'm going to request that you run cannot be run in the Windows forums.  For this reason I will request that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected, What Do I Do? forum.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open, click on Update Now to update to the newest definitions.

3)  Click on Settings, when Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware.  Under Detection Options place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits

4)  Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now.  The scan will automatically run now.

5)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find the Malwarebytes log do the following.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

*Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
*Click the Scan Tab at the top.
*Click the View detailed log link on the right.
*Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
*Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on yout Desktop or another location.
*Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.

If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive a message informing you of this.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Please run the ESET OnlineScan

This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run
till it is completed.

***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need
to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***

ESET Online Scanner

• Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
  • Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that
    here
  • Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • If threats are found click on Save to text file in Documents.
  • Open Documents, find the report, copy and paste it in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 13 August 2017 - 10:43 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users