Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG/Driver related BSOD?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seanadin

Seanadin

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

Hey, there. I'm looking for help with a BSOD that i've been getting that I have high suspicions is related to an AVG driver update, as every time I try to uninstall the update my computer returns to normal. I've had to do full system restores to the same point before the update several times trying to troubleshoot the problem myself, but i'm kind of at the end of my rope and Bleeping Computer has helped me in the past. I'm able to run my computer once I take it to the best point of system restore but, once I restart it, i'm back to that bluescreen of death. Not really a major issue, but super annoying if I ever want to not depend on system restore.

I run Windows 7 (an official version.)

The BSOD in question is ndis.sys - address FFFFF880019250A6 base at FFFFF880018F6000, datastamp 56f577cf

(I understand this is likely a driver issue?)

The requested Sysnative is attached as well as the speccy

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/mwfbSV0qZEKPrFCvIKIjYLL

Attached Files

Edited by Seanadin, 12 August 2017 - 11:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

The following is my personal recommendation.

1. The first thing you need to understand is that in your computer never should be any such thing as AVG. There should not be any such a thing, which name contains these three magical letters AVG.
  2. Never do not update working drivers, update only if have problems.
  3. Do not try to repair and repair and then again repair, if possible, install new clean and up to date Windows.
  4. Do not install such a programs, what You never use, what You don't know, what they do or what others recommends. Install what You need and what is well known and which come from trusted producer.

Edited by zainmax, 13 August 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#3 Seanadin

Seanadin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:23 AM

1. Do not install such a programs, what You never use, what You don't know, what they do or what others recommends. Install what You need and what is well known and which come from trusted producer.

AVG is a trusted producer, even their paid version is amazing. 

#4 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:57 AM

Nice, if so, we have nothing to talk about more.

#5 Seanadin

Seanadin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

Nice, if so, we have nothing to talk about more.

Not sure, what you're implying. But i've never had any problems with AVG? Besides being a resource hog.

#6 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

I've had some issues in the past with AVG, nothing serious, just some 'glitches'.

If you think AVG may be behind your BSOD's, you can remove it, run the PC a few days with Defender protecting you and see if the BSOD's continue.

Obviously make sure you still have your AVG email with the license key so you can reinstall it later.

if you have any concerns about MS Defender protection, since Windows 10 Creator Update (maybe even before then), it is scoring as good as ANY of the other AV's now.  check out AV comparatives site for results.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#7 opera

opera

• Members
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

@Seanadin

You have produced all the requested logs and attached them, I suggest you just sit tight and wait until one of the BSOD experts reviews them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users