When you click/tap on this Service you will see the option to restart it in the upper left portion of the page, use that to restart the Service. This Service has one dependency, the Remoter Procedure Call (RPC). Male sure this Service is running and set to Automatic.
If you do a Reset it basically will reinstall the operating system. It has the options to keep your personal files. The down side is it will delete all of your third party programs you installed.
A Windows 10 Reset will reinstall the operating system. You have the option to keep your personal files or remove them. Any third party programs that you installed will be uninstalled during this process.
1. Open the Start Menu and click/tap of Settings.
When Settings opens select Update & Security
2. Click/tap on Recovery, then Get Started.
3. You will now have the option to Keep my files or Remove everything. Click/tap on the option you want.
4. You will now receive the message Getting things ready, Windows will list the programs which you will need to reinstall. You may find it beneficial to copy these programs for a reference later. When the list of programs is shown click/tap on Next.
5. You will now receive the message Ready to reset this PC, select Reset.
The installation will continue without any need to make any other selections.
Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant always seems to stop by itself after a few minutes, no matter how many times I restart it. RPC is already running and set to Automatic.
Thanks for the clarification on resetting. I'm only going to use it as a last resort if all other potential fixes fail though.