Third party software being bundled in downloads has become a common practice, this is a source of extra revenue for the author of the primary software being downloaded. Wondershare is one such third party application.
There are two methods of installing the software:
The Express method is the recommended option for installing the software. If this method is used the embedded third party software will automatically be installed.
If you choose to use the Custom Installation (Advanced) each of the third party software will appear with a check mark already added to install the software, you must remove the check mark if you do not want this software installed.
Please download AdwCleaner and install it.
When AdwCleaner opens click on Scan to start the scan.
Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed. If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.
If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive a message informing you of this.
Click on Clean to remove the selected items. If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.
You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed. Click on OK. The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.
When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented. Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.
As a precaution please do the following.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.2.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open, click on Update Now to update to the newest definitions.
3) Click on Settings, when Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware. Under Detection Options place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits
4) Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now. The scan will automatically run now.
5) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Delete All.
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find the Malwarebytes log do the following. Copy and paste the log in your topic.
*Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
*Click the Scan Tab at the top.
*Click the View detailed log link on the right.
*Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
*Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on yout Desktop or another location.
*Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.