Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer shutting off often

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheOtterminator

TheOtterminator

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

(I'm sorry if this is the wrong part of the forums to post this in)

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that I haven't use in over a year due to losing the charger and stopping using it for a while before I lost that charger due to it freezing during installing Windows 10 and having to be restored to Windows Vista (I'm not sure how- I wasn't around when the person who did it (A former friend of my uncle's) did it.) Anyways, recently I found the charger, and was able to start it up just fine. I went to download Windows ISO downloader so I could at least go back to Windows 7. I started to download it, and the computer turned off. Since the battery had been only charging for a few minutes before I turned the computer on, I just figured that the battery died, let it charge for a while longer, then turned it back on and tried again. It did the same thing. After a while of messing around and google searches on the laptop me and my brother share, I managed to get to a tool that checks the memory and hard drive for problems. It turned off once it reached the hard drive part. There were no shutdown messages or blue screens, and when I ran check disk, it didn't seem to find any problems. I may have dropped the computer in the past (Though I don't remember ever dropping it), and it has overheated once before (Which has caused the screen to be a bit messed up, though it's not that bad). Before I lost the charger I could download things (I know because I downloaded a program called Paint Tool SAI then). Now when I turn on the computer, it turns off after a while no matter what I'm doing (Even if I haven't loaded Windows yet.) When I hold f2, it loads the InsydeH20 Setup Utility, which says the bios version is R2060Q2. 

At the time I'm writing this, the computer turns off only seconds after I turn it on. It's still running Vista, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any malware on it. Does anyone know what the problem is? Also, again, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forums, or if this horribly written.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheOtterminator

TheOtterminator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

On a sticker on the bottom of the computer, the model is listed as PCG-3G5L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users