Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Security certificate" error while installing Secunia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ElectricYouth

ElectricYouth

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

I used this link to download Secunia: https://www.flexerasoftware.com/enterprise/products/software-vulnerability-management/personal-software-inspector/

After installing it, this showed up:

Microsoft Update is not installed
Some missing updates cannot be detected without Microsoft Update
Please click the button below to open the Microsoft Update site and follow the instructions to install Microsoft Update
Install Microsoft Update

After clicking the install button, it said:

Microsoft updates requires Internet Explorer

Open Internet Explorer to update?

I clicked ok.

Then this showed up:

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.        
It has a weak signature, so your connection isn’t secure.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

After copy/pasting the link in firefox, I got another warning that the security is weak.

Is there risk involved? And do I need to install Microsoft update? And how do I do that now with this error?

Thanks.

Edited by ElectricYouth, 12 August 2017 - 09:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users