I'm doing 2 builds right now.
1 w/ Linux the other Win 10.
I purchased Win 10 OEM from a seller on ebay.
I did not know the difference @ the time vs OEM vs retail.
Do I have this right:
1. Microsoft owns your copy of Windows not you.
2. Tech support.
3. Can only be installed 1x. Cannot be installed on a latter date on a different computer.
1. You are considered the builder of the computer and own the copy of Windows not Microsoft.
2. No tech support.
3. Can be installed on a diffferent computer if needed in the future.
Do I have that all correct?
*With this build I am doing with Windows 10 OEM once installed is that it? I thought I read the MOBO I originally install it with is the only MOBO it an be installed on. Therefore if upgrading/building a computer in the future with a differant MOBO will NOT work. Is this correct? If I upgrade my MOBO or do a complete different build in the future I would need to use Windows retail?
* I want to install a copy of Windows 10 on a laptop.
1. If I install Windows OEM on a laptop that will NEVER have upgraded components in the future can I only install it 1x?
2. In the future what if I wipe/erase the SSD I install Windows 10 OEM on. Can I reinstall Windows 10 OEM back onto this SSD. It will still have all the original components and the same MOBO.
3. Once installed If I wipe/erase the SSD I originally installed on too bad it cannot be reinstalled. I would need to purchase anther copy of Windows to reinstall on.
I just want to know if I should return Windows 10 OEM and buy Windows 10 retail.