Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4th wipe, websites still being blocked. HELP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 AprilA

AprilA

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

I am going completely insane. I am very good with computers, but I am at my wits end. This could all be blamed on MWB premium (It's just a trial) and I hope that is it, just the program.

I've had internet connection problems like crazy recently, I don't think it was my ISP but something had messed with my SVCHost file. In my event viewer (which is cleared obviously) I was having tons of "Lease IP connection losses", and I don't have that type of connection where there is an IP lease. I was not receiving popups at this time because I did not have MWB Premium with the web protection.

Any time there is a headache bigger than I want to deal with I wipe my partition, I don't really keep things saved on my main drive aside from programs because they run faster on the SSDs. 

Anywho, I wiped the partition, reinstalled Windows along with MWB which came with the free premium trial. I installed my programs one by one and when it finally came time to use the internet I still had those issues. I figured, it may be a file on my other hard drive that has an issue so I wiped that also and started fresh with just a driver for my LAN and downloaded fresh drivers myself. 

I still had popups blocked, but they weren't just the SVCHost, they were websites as well, so I switched modems thinking somehow the router was infected which really wouldn't happen but who knows. That did not help. I did one last install today, installed the network driver, had my friend that works at the local ISP bring me a brand new modem and opened IE (Which I don't use), the SVCHost popups were gone, but I still have the annoying website blocked popups. I do not have flash installed, or Silverlight which this seems to be linked to and I cannot find ANYTHING about it online so I am hoping someone here can help.

I can post any logs that you would like, but I literally have the bare bones installed here, just added Photoshop and Lightroom so I could attempt to get some work done but these popups are insane. 

Again, I hope it's just MWB Premium throwing false positives, but I'm close to uninstalling it because there are way too many. Here are some of the things blocked. It seems more specific to sites such as Facebook, Amazon, Twitch. Mainly places you login. As soon as you login the spam starts. 

aa.online-metrix.nmet:49880
aa.online-metrix.nmet:49881
aa.online-metrix.nmet:56915
usllpic0-741a43e95f7d8dc4ea5ab713bde08f0fe51e77e7-sac.d.aa.online-metrix
usllpic0-741a43e95f7d8dc4ea5ab713bde08f0fe51e77e7-sac.d.aa.online-metrix.net
aa.online-metrix.nmet:54446
usllpic0-da02a8135d3c5dcc8246f1395a12a09146155ded-sac.d.aa.online-metrix
j8ck72di-473e1d8bf2b1e04f91ac594ef7cfcb1f0e07e540-sac.d.aa.online-metrix.net
aa.online-metrix.nmet:49880

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AprilA

AprilA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

I do want to add that a staff member from MWB just removed the block on the website, so the popups are no longer popping up. It does seem fishy however. It was the worst on banking logins. Should I just drop it now or still look into it more?

#3 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Greetings,

I have reviewed the Malwarebytes thread and between that and your repeated wipes I am confident follow up here is unnecessary. I see the MBAM thread is still active so I would suggest you continue to monitor that if you have any concerns.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance. If not, I will close the topic.

BTW, welcome to BleepingComputer! :)

Gary

Edited by Oh My!, 11 August 2017 - 06:14 PM.

Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#4 AprilA

AprilA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:45 PM

Yeah someone responded and basically just said it was unblocked. If you're confident that is was a false positive definitely close the thread :).

Thanks for responding!

#5 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,969 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

You are quite welcome.
Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#6 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,969 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users