Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No on-board or tower audio jacks recognized

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ItsMDale

ItsMDale

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

I'm going to start this off by saying that I know this has been discussed before but i have tried every single suggestion from every post I could find.

A few days ago I wanted to play a game on my pc and I went to plug in my mic. I plugged it into my display and tried to talk for a while, then I realized that my display is audio out only. ~ dumb

So then I went to my tower,and right in the top there are headphone and microphone jacks. I plugged in my headphones and nothing happened. The computer didn't even recognize that I had plugged them in. I tried multiple headphones too. One with an in line mic, which obviously wouldn't work, and another with both audio and mic jacks. Nothing would come out of these front jacks. I then moved to the back jacks that are on the motherboard and had the same issue. I've tried so many fixes I can't count. I'm starting to think it's the motherboard, but I have never had any other issues with it.

Specs

Motherboard - Asus Z97-A

Chip - Core I7 4790k

Drives - 3TB Seagate HDD, 1TB Samsung SSD, and a 100GB Samsung SSD

OS - 64 bit windows 10

RAM- 8 gigs of Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600

Graphics - GeForce GTX 970 

Display - ASUS VN248H-P 

The display is connected through a DVI cable that turns into a HDMI cable to plug into the back of the monitor.

Another thing is that I've seen a lot of people talk about Realtek Audio. I don't remember ever having that on my pc and I downloaded it and installed it and it did nothing to help. I could never even get the manager to open.

If there's any other info that's needed please let me know.

Any help here would be great. Sorry if I respond slowly. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

You didn't say whether the monitor has audio without the headphones.  If the monitor don't work either, then the MOBO audio is bad or you have a driver conflict.  I've also seen registry entries that caused this fault too.

#3 ItsMDale

ItsMDale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

You didn't say whether the monitor has audio without the headphones.  If the monitor don't work either, then the MOBO audio is bad or you have a driver conflict.  I've also seen registry entries that caused this fault too.

All audio works from the monitor. I can hear audio if headphones are plugged into the monitor and the speakers on the monitor work too. It is all other audio/mic jacks that are not recognized/working.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Within the system audio setup is the option to send audio through the HDMI and NOT the assorted jacks.  I seen this on my own when setting the audio up to play through the TV on HDMI but none of the other jacks, front or back or on USB would work until I unchecked that option.

#5 ItsMDale

ItsMDale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Within the system audio setup is the option to send audio through the HDMI and NOT the assorted jacks.  I seen this on my own when setting the audio up to play through the TV on HDMI but none of the other jacks, front or back or on USB would work until I unchecked that option.

Ok this sounds like a solution I have not tried. Can you please do a step by step on how to do this. Thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users