Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exclamation Notification keeps bleeping! Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MiniDNSNY

MiniDNSNY

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Okay, so I just got my new Alienware laptop (OS: Win 10) not even four days before this post and I'm already running into problems - after some investigating, I found that the exclamation noise keeps playing. So, I surfed around the internet and read that I should check the Event Log, just in case. When I did I found quite a few errors, but I can't make sense of what they say. Can someone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

If you look in the Event Viewer every day you will see errors and warnings.  That's how common they are.

What problems are you having?

What other than looking in the Event Viewer have to done to resolve these issues?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

It could be many things... click on the notification icon bottom right of screen and see if anything is listed for you to deal with.

Could be a usb bluetooth item disconnecting and then reconnecting.

Or in ''Settings'' look in sounds...system sounds and make sure it's the Windows Default and not a modified one.

Also see here for some more ideas

https://www.howtogeek.com/219703/how-to-disable-notification-sounds-in-windows-10/

#4 MiniDNSNY

MiniDNSNY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

The notification icon was a dead end, unfortunately. I know it's the "exclamation" sound because I went through all of the sounds and changed each one until I found the culprit. I really don't want to disable it though - that's sort of like disabling your check engine light. Sure, the annoying light is gone, but you're basically flying blind when it comes to the health of your engine. I'm sure it's not a USB because it's made this sound even when nothing was plugged in - the only thing plugged in is my headphones.

I'm not having any performance issues or anything, it's just this sound keeps playing and I want to know why. It's a new laptop, so it shouldn't be having issues at all.

#5 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:10 AM

Have you tried plugging in a different pair of headphones as a test?

Does it also happen when you don't have them plugged in?

#6 MiniDNSNY

MiniDNSNY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Yes, it happens no matter what headphones I put in, and even when there isn't any plugged in at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users