Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would be better to upgrade or buy new PC?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JesterCsGo

JesterCsGo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

I have old computer and it's really bad.
Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, GeForce GT 9400, 4 GB RAM 333MHz, 1 TB Drive, Windows 10. I don't remember everything. And what can I do now? I must play on lowest resolution with lowest settings.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

your computer is not that bad but...

if your a gamer certainly you cannot play any new games since the frame rate will be too low

you can upgrade to 8 gb of ddr2 ram which is the max ram you can install

gt 9400 was a good card but this was a long time ago...

if you decide to upgrade then you have to pay at least 150 (in my case euros) for a new ssd drive + 4 gb ddr2 ram and an r7 radeon graphics card ....

with the same amount of money you can buy from amazon or ebay a refurbished desktop socket 1155 i3....

i have an inferior computer than your, a fujitsu esprimo but since it is a branded one i decided to keep it but i will have to add a new hard drive and a 4 gb of ddr2 of ram regardless of the amount of money i have to spend

that computer can serve me very good on audio and video rendering, i forgot to mention that i have to buy also a low profile graphics card such as sued nvidia quadro fx

the decision is yours

good luck my friend

Edited by nickos, 11 August 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:13 AM

It is an older computer now.  The graphics chip is particularly weak by current standards.  What are you wanting to play on it?

If it's newer, demanding games (Battlefield 1, Watch Dogs 2 etc.) then a new computer will be the only option.  The upgrades needed to run these properly would not be possible without replacing everything.  If it's only titles with low system requirements (e.g. CS:GO, as per username..) then upgrading the GPU would be worthwhile.  Upgrading memory, and fitting SSD as per above, would give overall system improvements, although they wouldn't do much for that particular game.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users