Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 stuck at blackscreen with mouse pointer after logo. No Boot.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gurpindersingh3

gurpindersingh3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

From few days my system was showing BSOD randomly and I didn't understand why its happening, Now system won't boot. Its shows logo and than stucks at movable mouse pointer showing round processing icon and black screen only. No Boot.

Farbar recovery scan tool log is attached.

Edited by gurpindersingh3, 11 August 2017 - 06:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HantsDave

HantsDave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:04 AM

After Tuesday's Microsoft huge number of updates/patches many things on my PC stopped working. After the PC automatically shut down, I had BSOD but I left the PC and eventually (at least 30 minutes later) desktop appeared but many things not working; Cortana stopped working, taskbar stopped showing what windows I had opened, system tray icons disappeared but worst of all start-up button stopped functioning and could not access any apps and had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to shut down. Using Powershell commands could not reinstall Apps, sfc /scannow showed no corrupt files, system repair would not complete. Gave up in the end and rolled back to a previous image, luckily from the 5th August. Have now set Windows updates to defer features updates and in Windows Components in Group Policy set 'branch' to 'Current branch for business' and days to 180 before any features updates are installed. Also set BITS to manual so updates cannot run.

I use my PC for business. If this is happening to a lot of people across the world, it is like being hacked and if it was a hacker, the papers would be full of stories of how it has affected businesses. But we allow Microsoft to act in what, on the face of it might appear to be a malicious manner without any redress. Perhaps there should be a class action to bring Microsoft to book?

There got that off my chest, now on with my business.

#3 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:05 AM

Updated three very different computers, absolutely no issues.
It is very important, do not update damaged Windows. You must repair it before installing updates or if not possible to repair, install Windows again and everything works always without any problems.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

gurpindersingh3 -

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
NOTE:  On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete.  Please be patient and let it run.

If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR, .7z or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

HantsDave - if you'd like assistance with your issues, please start a separate topic and include the information that I asked for above.

Edited by usasma, 11 August 2017 - 07:48 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users