Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones/Speakers won't work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron126

Aaron126

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hello, I recently built my first gaming pc and everything turned out great except for the audio. Whenever I try to plug in headphones/speakers into the front or back audio ports, the computer says it's connected to the Realtek HD Audio 2nd output but plays no sound. However when I try through the monitor, it works just fine. I've tried most everything I've seen on the internet such as, reinstalling drivers, enabling and disabling the headphones, and even seeing if it the ports were muted. I really would like to be able to use these soon and I really need someone's help. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

When you right click on the speaker icon in the lower right and click on playback devices, is your headphones set as default? Is the volume set? Sometimes the volume will be at 0 until you adjust it.

#3 Aaron126

Aaron126
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

Yeah its set as default and the volume is set to 60.

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

Have you tried speakers in the port or your headphones on something else?

#5 Aaron126

Aaron126
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

yeah I've tried my roommates speakers and i use the headphones for my phone and it works fine.

#6 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

The sound card software should have come with a control panel. I've solved this by checking the various setting there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users