Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My internet/network connectivity randomly stopped working last night.. Help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Domsolodolo

Domsolodolo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

Using a Lenovo Y700-15ACZ, WINDOWS 10

Last night around 3 am, my laptop randomly restarted, and when it turned back on.. I noticed it was saying I have no Internet connection at all. I was usong ethernet and it was running very smoothly.

I went through a ton of easy random things it could have been.. restarted the modem/router, trying to change from Ethernet to WiFi, which doesn't even show up, restarting the laptop, doing a system restore using a restore point, manually entering my modem and router in settings.

There was a couple of very odd things I kept noticing though. My phones just fine using WiFi. When I try and update my network drivers in device manager it will say there's a driver that's not installed properly, then when I say fix it, it says it can't because it doesn't have the correct driver for it... Also, at first it wasn't even showing my network adapters/drivers in the device manager! It was just gone, then randomly it showed up but with like 7 wan port adapters instead of realtek.

After the system restore it gave me a pop up which said I was missing a file and it couldn't be fixed which I figured out was a file that never got deleted from spybot about a week ago. When I shut down/restart I get a pop up saying ""A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing errorinformation has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp." I haven't had bit defender in almost a month! I've been using avast. Also I can't do a system reset, it will say "there was an error" or something along those lines..

Malwarebytes came back with absolutely nothing.. Ran in safe mode. Running zemana now its almost finished, then I'm going to run spybot as well as CCleaner, then ill run avast boot scan and see what happens.. before I throw in the towel and do a complete system format.. Which I really dont want to do :/. I also ran cmd prompts with a few commands to restart my Internet and configure it.. it wouldnt allow me to run "netsh int ip reset reset.txt"

Any ideas or help would be EXTRENELY appreciated :) losing my mind! I feel like I'm missing a very basic solution!

Edited by britechguy, 11 August 2017 - 09:09 AM.
Moved to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DelPomerinke

DelPomerinke

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

If possible test another device on your network to verify your Home Internet Connection is good/

Run that Laptop in Safemode + Networking to test Network connectivity.

New MS patches were just released Tuesday this week,  was a new Patch installed?   Go to Add/Remove and Sort based on 'Date'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users