Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and touchpad not working after BIOS update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

I have a HP laptop 15-BE012TU which did not come with any software. Installed Windows 10 on it and have downloaded all Windows updates. It was working fine until I decided to update the BIOS with the latest one that is on the HP website. Previous BIOS version was F2.2 or F2.8 can't remember. Updated it to F3.0. Now the inbuilt keyboard works fine when in BIOS, won't work when the Windows start screen loads when it prompts me for a password to enter my account. 

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,822 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Have you tried plugging in an external keyboard just to determine whether the issue is limited to the internal keyboard or whether all keyboard input devices don't work?

Also, did the BIOS flash indicate it applied successfully?   Even if it did, you could try applying it again.  If that doesn't work, you should be able to get the older version from HPs support website, but I'd only install the older version if you cannot resolve the issue with the latest BIOS.

P.S. By the way, and apropos of nothing related to your technical issue, that's a fascinating avatar.  Very Escher-esque.

Edited by britechguy, 10 August 2017 - 09:39 AM.
Added P.S.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users