Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access certain websites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 almasat

almasat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

I am using Windows 10 (64-bit). The problem started after installing the latest updates. I am unable to access certain websites and I am getting 'Server took too long to respond' message. If I connect through Tor then I can access all websites. In the event log I am getting the error 'The system detected an address conflict for IP address --- with the system having network hardware address ---.

I have tried putting Google DNS and OpenDNS IP addresses in IP4 properties and also flushing/renewing the DNS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Edited by almasat, 10 August 2017 - 08:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Press the Windows key and the X key to open the Windows Mobility Center menu.

When the menu opens select Command Prompt (Admin), this will open the Command Prompt with Administrator permissions.

Copy and paste the commands below one at a time and pressing Enter after each command is pasted in.  After the first command you may be asked to restart the computer, ignore it and go on to the second command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 almasat

almasat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

Okay, that seems to have done it. I can access all the websites now.

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup2:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

Glad to be of help.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users