Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All the Jack Ports are broken ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Neutral

Neutral

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hello, I have a desktop PC and 3 hours ago something awkward happened : my headphones, 2 years old, literally blew up and my computer shutdowned. I was pretty sure that the headphones were the only thing that brok and the computer shutdowned so it wouldn't do damage to the motherboard and other components. I tried my mic ( that is separate from the headphones ) and it didn't work. After that I tested it on a laptop and it work, same thing with another headphones.

From this moment I though all my back jack ports are broken. Is it possible that even the front ones are broken ? The back ports are from the motherboard. A sound card would solve the problem or something else happened that can be fixed in another way ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

you don't have a lot of options.

you've done the obvious - reboot the PC.

have you plugged the headphones into the front port to find out, it's the only way you'll know.

next would be to reinstall the mobo audio drivers.  long shot but worth crossing off the list.

if the headphones were the 3.5mm jack type, try the USB variety.

and as you state, an addon sound card would be another option.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#3 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

"My headphones, 2 years old, literally blew up and my computer shutdowned."

Can you explain a little better what you mean by blew up?

#4 Neutral

Neutral
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:52 AM

Well, I was listening to music as always and at one moment there was a really loud sound, like an explosion. At that moment my pc shutdowned and the headphones are now broken.

have you plugged the headphones into the front port to find out, it's the only way you'll know.

next would be to reinstall the mobo audio drivers.  long shot but worth crossing off the list.

I already reinstalled the drivers.I will try the USB ones and add a sound card in the future. Ty.

#5 Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:08 AM

Well, I was listening to music as always and at one moment there was a really loud sound, like an explosion. At that moment my pc shutdowned and the headphones are now broken.

I already reinstalled the drivers.I will try the USB ones and add a sound card in the future. Ty.

Did it explode, as in disassemble into many fragments/catch on fire? Otherwise the loud noise was probably just part of whatever error it was that caused the PC to shut down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users