Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drivesaversdatarecovery.com

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbidoso

Bobbidoso

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

Can anyone tell me if drivesaversdatarecovery.com is an American company or not?  Who owns this company? I really want an American company to save my data.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

DriveSavers - Wikipedia

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Bobbidoso

Bobbidoso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for nothing!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for nothing!

I would say that Buddy 215's link was a perfectly good starting point for your research, It tells you where the company is based, who started it and the company's legal name. With that you can check it against as many databases as you wish - from the Californian Better Business Bureau to the SEC. What more do you want - jam on it ?

Chris Cosgrove

#5 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

classic case of where spending less than 5 minutes with Google would have answered your own question.

and if that didn't satisfy you (your post #3 infers it hasn't) than deeper research is required or that info isn't in the public domain.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Well, it was almost nothing...took less than 20 seconds to search, copy link and post link. It certainly answered your question.

Didn't try to access their employee records to see if there were any green card or undocumented workers employed there.

I wouldn't do that, anyway.

If you do send or drop off to them your HDD or whatever for recovery of data....would be interesting to know the cost and percentage or size of

data recovered. Especially if it requires disecting the drive in their clean room.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

This is one of the reasons I love the site, Let Me Google That For You, and adding in the "internet explainer" option in cases like this.

If you are capable of asking a question on a public forum you should have at least had the decency to do a web search yourself, first.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#8 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,347 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

This is one of the reasons I love the site, Let Me Google That For You, and adding in the "internet explainer" option in cases like this.

If you are capable of asking a question on a public forum you should have at least had the decency to do a web search yourself, first.

Very good I love it. :hysterical: 

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#9 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

thanks for the info Brian, have to confess I had not heard of that site.

(may come in very useful in the future) :thumbup2:

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

It's also nice that they've expanded the repertoire from once was really just Google (hence the name) to allow the person creating the LMGTFY link to use any one of a number of search engines of their choice.  I've been a DuckDuckGo user for years now.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users