Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to boot from cd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon13OfDeath

Dragon13OfDeath

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hello,

I've been having issues with my computer freezing and had tried to reformat it. Sadly partial through it froze. Now my computer boots to the asus logo and the a black screen. I have a windows 8.1 disc that came with it but I can't figure out how to boot from it.

Previous post:https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/651923/computer-crashes-when-trying-to-play-game-or-video/?fromsearch=1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

First you need to enter the BIOs/UEFI to make the CD drive the first drive in the boot order list. To do this you need to get into 'Settings' and this video does give guidance on how to do this. It may not be 100% accurate as it is produced by Acer, not ASUS but it should still help -

Once you have made this change, and while the computer is still powered up, open the CD drive, put your installation disc in, then save and exit from the BIOS. The computer will restart and should boot from the DVD.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

or hit F12 during startup to change the boot order for that boot.  (or is it F9, can't remember) :unsure:

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#4 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

It may tell you to click any key to boot from disk.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

It may tell you to click any key to boot from disk.

Once you have set the boot order, insert the disc and restarted the computer, you will receive a message telling you to press any key to continue.  When you see this message you will know that you are booting from the disc.

Edited by dc3, 11 August 2017 - 07:31 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

try one of these keys to enter bios f2 del (delete) f9 or f12

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users