Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 performance is horrid

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to read my topic.

My computer info from MSINFO32:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 20A8002VUS
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU LENOVO_MT_20A8_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2nd
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2694 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO GRET52WW (1.29 ), 5/5/2017
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 1.19
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How I treat this computer - Business applications only - Like a system administrator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! So I have a SSD and I know performance is best when not full so I keep it 1/2 empty at all times. 

I've insured that windows is up to date, drivers are up to date.

I keep my startup items lean and my system tray always has less than ten little icons down there. I also reboot daily.

I've disabled all add-ons in my browsers, kept my temp internet files clean. Kept all browsers up to date.

Regularly audit my programs and features to insure that only approved applications are installed.
App publishers are Microsoft, Adobe, Citrix, Cisco, Google, Intel, Lenovo, McAfee, Mozilla, and Oracle.

I use the laptop docked with three monitors and un-docked with only the internal display.

I've contacted the vendor at least a dozen times about my issues. They've even replaced my device twice under warranty now.
No changes. Yeah its not faulty hardware. Maybe badly designed hardware but not faulty. The hardware also supports windows 10. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are my main apps?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Internet Explorer
-Chrome
-Lots of Microsoft Office (Skype, word, outlook, one note)
-Cisco Jabber
-Citrix Reciever
-Powershell
-Putty
-Remote Desktop
-Active Directory Users and computers
-PSTOOLS
-Computer management (remotely managing other computers)
-Registry Editor (remotely editing others registries)
-Windows Explorer (UNC path into other computers / server)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More about my use of computers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would classify myself as a legacy computer enthusiast. Basically I don't own any computers newer than this one.

The second newest computer I have is from 2010 and runs Windows 10 - ITS A BOSS relative to this laptop. But I use them for different things. (Work vs Gaming)

I primarily use computers that are 15 years old or older. They end up working better than this laptop in a lot of cases. But don't run Win 10. (I like Linux)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what are my PERFORMANCE ISSUES?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Initially was unhappy with the laptop when un-docked in that its battery is supposed to last eight hours and since the day I got it 
it hasn't lasted more than two. Windows 10 will tell you what is eating up all the battery life. But it changes 
from day to day. Chrome is a bad offender. But honestly even after turning the display to 25% brightness
basically putting it in power saver mode 100% of the time and not using chrome, I'm still getting better battery 
life out of a 2003 dell laptop that has never had its battery replaced.

2) I like to browse the web for news and read articles maybe do some work or research but only when the boss is around.
However, this device more often than not can't even load a webpage. REGARDLESS OF THE BROWSER. They all do the 
same thing. They start to load the page, then all those ads and videos and crap start loading and the page just won't scroll. 
I've tried ad-blockers and script blockers and it helps, but then I start troubleshooting why the browser is still slow and not 
working well and the first thing you usually try is disabling Ad-ons. I basically can't win on this one. I'm either being told my
ad-ons are making it slow or the ads are making it slow. WELL I DON'T HAVE THIS ISSUE ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!!!!

3) Youtube works like crap. My 1Ghz cpu 512 mb of PC133 ram and an IDE 30 GB HDD from 1999ish runs youtube better.
It isn't a internet bandwidth issue. The video loads. But I'm mostly listening to music or someone talk and the sound quality 
sucks. It sutters, I hear static and stuff. Its just slow and unresponsive.

4) My docked setup is three monitors - But in order to get it to run acceptably I had to change my performance options in windows
to Adjust for best performance. This means that windows that drag don't show anything but an outline, everything is flat and ugly.
Basically the computer can't handle best appearance and three 1080 monitors. 

5) The wifi is complete junk. But I think that is intel's fault. They have told me during a support call that the 7260 AC wifi card just has known issues.
Great... This is probably why outlook/skype/jabra/network related stuff is so bad. 

6) Files copy extremely slow. Even from folder to folder internally. 

7) USB ports will selectively stop working and then start working again. Interval is quite random. I usually go a few weeks with no issue
then one USB port won't provide power until I reboot then it works again for a few weeks, next time it will be a different USB port.

8) Bluetooth is not usable. I've just disabled it. When I did try it, it was either for a mouse which ended up being super laggy and would skip
around at best on the screen or to use a bluetooth headset. Man the audio quality is really bad when using expensive corded headphones but
bluetooth is even worse. Cuts in and out every two seconds.

9) For whatever reason when shutting windows 10 down sometimes it powers down and sometimes it just sits at a black screen indefinitely.

10) When typing (I'm not over 100 WPM) the computer can't keep up. It will take a few moments for it to catch up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a new computer with all this ram and CPU and new technology should be so much better than the 15 year old computers I use for fun. But its not.
I haven't decided if there is a fix or not. I'd like to think that there is something I can do to improve some of this. It can't be all Lenovo / Intel / Microsoft fault.
Other people use these laptops are they just living with this crap? The laptop is expensive I'd think that people would be very upset that they didn't get their monies worth. 

I did put Ubuntu on the laptop for a short time to see if it had similar issues (before it was replaced under warranty last time). I think it was feisty fawn.
Ran like a champ. of course I can't do my windows admin stuff in linux super easily. I can make it work but then I get weird looks from other people when they see what I'm doing...

Yeah I run 10+ apps simultaneously and I expect the computer to wait on me not the other way around.
Especially with this NEW FASTER OS and NEW FASTER HARDWARE. I want to know WHY IS IT SO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by misjudgedinall, 09 August 2017 - 12:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

As strange as this sounds turn off fast startup and reboot. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

Have you tried running a clean boot?

https://www.winhelp.us/clean-boot-windows.html

If performance improves in clean boot enable startup and services a few at a time until you get the slowdown. Lenovo may be adding a lot of junk at startup.

Since you have Windows 10 enterprise set Telemetry to Security.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-telemetry

#3 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

I have followed your advice and will report back...

Of course I just started using MacAfee encryption on my box and it is wreaking havoc. So it will be hard to have a better experience even if this stuff helps. Guess I just love pain!

ANYWAY THANK YOU!!!!

#4 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

I have followed your advice and will report back...

Of course I just started using MacAfee encryption on my box and it is wreaking havoc. So it will be hard to have a better experience even if this stuff helps. Guess I just love pain!

ANYWAY THANK YOU!!!!

Unfortunately my Windows 10 performance on this device has not improved.

If I stick to the command line only it works, okay I guess.

I'd like to say that I don't fully blame this on windows 10. I use windows 10 on a lot of different computers, most of them run fine. I also manage a fleet of thousands of these Lenovo laptops. Although they run Windows 7 way better than windows 10 - the laptops are junk to start with. Wish I never got stuck supporting them but that is a different issue all together.

I'd say that you seriously need to skip the Lenovo laptops until you are able to provide hard data that the device is going to work for you. Some of the most basic tasks you'd expect to have no issue are extremely slow and frustrating.

A lot of the problems revolve around the crap-tastic hardware and drivers surrounding this transition period device. A lot of times you go with the latest and greatest expecting bugs - but I never expected those bugs to still be unresolved and fully ignored five years later.

#5 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hi, thanks for a detailed post, and it is unfortunate that win 10 has not been a positive experience for you, It is however for many people, just that. So we need to see what's going wrong. Open an elevated cmd prompt (search type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open, please copy the below text into the command prompt window:-

echo > 0 & systeminfo | find /V /I "hotfix" | find /V "KB" >> 0 & WMIC /Node:localhost /Namespace:\\root\SecurityCenter2 Path AntiVirusProduct Get displayName /format:list >> 0 & wmic PATH Win32_VideoController GET Description,PNPDeviceID /format:list >> 0 & tasklist /v >> 0 & net start >> 0 & echo >> 0 & notepad 0

Press enter, notepad will open with quite a lot of data, Please  use the "More Reply Options" to attach the notepad file in your reply.

Do you have any particular reason for selecting McAfee as your AV and Firewall, over Windows Defender and Windows Firewall?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

If this was an upgrade from Windows 7 I would reinstall Windows 7 if possible and if not an upgrade install Windows 7 to see how the performance improves. As the computer with Windows 10 seems unusable I would consider linux if it's not possible to install Windows 7.  :)

#7 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

Host Name:                 HOSTNAME

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

OS Version:                10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393

OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration:          Member Workstation

OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free

Registered Owner:          Microsoft

Registered Organization:   Microsoft

Product ID:                00329-00000-00003-AA358

Original Install Date:     8/18/2016, 3:49:42 PM

System Boot Time:          9/6/2017, 7:17:52 AM

System Manufacturer:       LENOVO

System Model:              20A8002VUS

System Type:               x64-based PC

Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2095 Mhz

BIOS Version:              LENOVO GRET52WW (1.29 ), 5/5/2017

Windows Directory:         C:\WINDOWS

System Directory:          C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device:               \Device\HarddiskVolume1

System Locale:             en-us;English (United States)

Input Locale:              en-us;English (United States)

Time Zone:                 (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Total Physical Memory:     7,856 MB

Available Physical Memory: 1,696 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size:  15,792 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 9,500 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use:    6,292 MB

Page File Location(s):     C:\pagefile.sys

Domain:                    DOIMAIN

Logon Server:              \\DOMAINCONTROLLER

Network Card(s):           4 NIC(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-LM

Connection Name: Ethernet

[02]: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Connection Name: Wi-Fi

[03]: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Connection Name: Local Area Connection* 14

DHCP Enabled:    No

IP address(es)

[01]: 192.168.137.1

[02]: fe80::ecce:738f:4f8f:c314

[04]: ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock Giga Ethernet

Connection Name: Ethernet 3

DHCP Enabled:    Yes

DHCP Server:     IPADDRESS

IP address(es)

[01]: IPADDRESS

[02]: IPADDRESS6

Hyper-V Requirements:      VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes

Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes

Second Level Address Translation: Yes

Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

d i s p l a y N a m e = M c A f e e   V i r u s S c a n   E n t e r p r i s e

d i s p l a y N a m e = W i n d o w s   D e f e n d e r

D e s c r i p t i o n = I n t e l ( R )   H D   G r a p h i c s   F a m i l y

P N P D e v i c e I D = P C I \ V E N _ 8 0 8 6 & a m p ; D E V _ 0 A 1 6 & a m p ; S U B S Y S _ 2 2 1 8 1 7 A A & a m p ; R E V _ 0 B \ 3 & a m p ; B 1 B F B 6 8 & a m p ; 0 & a m p ; 1 0

Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage Status          User Name                                              CPU Time Window Title                                                           

========================= ======== ================ =========== ============ =============== ================================================== ============ ========================================================================

System Idle Process              0 Services                   0          4 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     3:56:34 N/A                                                                    

System                           4 Services                   0        136 K Unknown         N/A                                                     0:06:27 N/A                                                                    

smss.exe                       408 Services                   0      1,044 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

csrss.exe                      632 Services                   0      5,672 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:08 N/A                                                                     

wininit.exe                    732 Services                   0      4,492 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

csrss.exe                      740 Console                    1      8,484 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:02:51 N/A                                                                    

services.exe                   804 Services                   0     12,352 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:01:18 N/A                                                                    

lsass.exe                      836 Services                   0     66,652 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:03:07 N/A                                                                    

winlogon.exe                   920 Console                    1     39,064 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   1016 Services                   0     97,432 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:09 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                    448 Services                   0     76,480 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:29 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                    584 Services                   0    100,108 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:08 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                    656 Services                   0    105,768 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:15 N/A                                                                     

dwm.exe                       1124 Console                    1     39,740 K Running         Window Manager\DWM-1                                    0:05:03 DWM Notification Window                                                 

svchost.exe                   1172 Services                   0     63,424 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:05:51 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   1180 Services                   0    106,984 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:06 N/A                                                                    

WUDFHost.exe                  1196 Services                   0      4,564 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   1368 Services                   0     68,936 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:13 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   1428 Services                   0    201,932 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:03:28 N/A                                                                    

igfxCUIService.exe            1536 Services                   0      2,324 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

WUDFHost.exe                  1720 Services                   0      3,296 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

LPlatSvc.exe                  1732 Services                   0      2,776 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

ibmpmsvc.exe                  1748 Services                   0      1,164 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

WatchdogAgent64.exe           1968 Services                   0      1,700 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

Cca.exe                       1980 Services                   0      8,688 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

WUDFHost.exe                   972 Services                   0        812 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   2372 Services                   0     20,792 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   2484 Services                   0     37,168 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   2548 Services                   0     50,084 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:37 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   2708 Services                   0     72,252 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   2836 Services                   0     59,212 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:52 N/A                                                                    

spoolsv.exe                   2924 Services                   0     98,940 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     

wlanext.exe                   2984 Services                   0      4,432 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     

conhost.exe                   3000 Services                   0        728 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

WUDFHost.exe                  2748 Services                   0      1,216 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

armsvc.exe                    3276 Services                   0      1,348 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

EmCoreService.exe             3288 Services                   0      2,796 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

esrv_svc.exe                  3296 Services                   0     14,340 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:20 N/A                                                                    

EegoService.exe               3308 Services                   0      6,684 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   3316 Services                   0    101,548 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

macmnsvc.exe                  3328 Services                   0     11,496 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

micmute.exe                   3340 Services                   0      2,136 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

Lenovo.Modern.ImControlle     3348 Services                   0     25,260 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:07 N/A                                                                     

ibtsiva.exe                   3364 Services                   0      1,104 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

EvtEng.exe                    3372 Services                   0      4,128 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

masvc.exe                     3380 Services                   0     20,088 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:04 N/A                                                                    

PresentationFontCache.exe     3388 Services                   0      1,500 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

OfficeClickToRun.exe          3396 Services                   0     16,504 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:07 N/A                                                                    

MDECryptService.exe           3416 Services                   0      1,140 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

MfeEpeHost.exe                3436 Services                   0     18,340 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:11 N/A                                                                    

mfevtps.exe                   3556 Services                   0      6,856 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

VsTskMgr.exe                  3596 Services                   0      5,248 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     

mfemms.exe                    3616 Services                   0      6,712 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

nsverctl.exe                  3784 Services                   0      1,468 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   3796 Services                   0     43,220 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

SynTPEnhService.exe           3804 Services                   0      1,908 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   3816 Services                   0     61,428 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:12 N/A                                                                    

valWBFPolicyService.exe       3860 Services                   0      1,132 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

rpcnet.exe                    3872 Services                   0      2,300 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

SurSvc.exe                    3880 Services                   0     82,800 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:04 N/A                                                                    

tphkload.exe                  3888 Services                   0      3,060 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

valWbioSyncSvc.exe            3896 Services                   0      3,952 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

RegSrvc.exe                   3912 Services                   0      1,384 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

ZeroConfigService.exe         3944 Services                   0      4,812 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:07 N/A                                                                    

PrinterInstallerClientLau     3956 Services                   0      2,668 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

vmware-usbarbitrator64.ex     3964 Services                   0      2,428 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

rpcld.exe                     3988 Services                   0      6,428 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

Memory Compression            3144 Services                   0    241,316 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:50 N/A                                                                    

mfeann.exe                    4372 Services                   0      6,892 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:13 N/A                                                                    

conhost.exe                   4404 Services                   0      1,092 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

PrinterInstallerClient.ex     4940 Services                   0     13,956 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:07 N/A                                                                     

mfevtps.exe                   5132 Services                   0     10,808 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:23 N/A                                                                     

EmSystem.exe                  5256 Services                   0      4,684 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:01:32 N/A                                                                    

unsecapp.exe                  5576 Services                   0      2,164 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

WmiPrvSE.exe                  5748 Services                   0     21,268 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE                            0:02:43 N/A                                                                    

WmiPrvSE.exe                  5768 Services                   0     39,612 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:28 N/A                                                                    

mfefire.exe                   6308 Services                   0      8,232 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

mcshield.exe                  6356 Services                   0     89,060 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:37:57 N/A                                                                    

macompatsvc.exe               6628 Services                   0     24,984 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:04 N/A                                                                    

mfemactl.exe                  6656 Services                   0     13,516 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                     

SearchIndexer.exe             7076 Services                   0     32,492 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:20 N/A                                                                     

fcags.exe                     6480 Services                   0      5,180 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:19:15 N/A                                                                    

ssonsvr.exe                   7328 Console                    1      2,040 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

fcagswd.exe                   7404 Services                   0        480 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

EmUser.exe                    7752 Console                    1     16,592 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:01:22 OLEChannelWnd                                                          

SensorDBSynch.exe             5580 Console                    1        700 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

fcag.exe                      7324 Console                    1     14,580 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:11 N/A                                                                    

tpnumlkd.exe                  7312 Console                    1      2,420 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

SynTPEnh.exe                  7304 Console                    1      6,388 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 Forcepad driver tray window                                            

conhost.exe                   7376 Console                    1        716 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

tposd.exe                     2388 Console                    1      1,844 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

shtctky.exe                   5532 Console                    1      2,324 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

dfrctl.exe                    3460 Console                    1      3,400 K Running         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:07 N/A                                                                    

SynTPLpr.exe                  8036 Console                    1        960 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Touchpad driver helper window                                          

SynLenovoHelper.exe           3536 Console                    1      1,736 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 TouchPad object helper window                                          

SynTPHelper.exe               4044 Console                    1      1,008 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                   6212 Console                    1     92,372 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

sihost.exe                    6192 Console                    1     13,824 K Not Responding  Domain\user                                         0:00:04 N/A                                                                    

taskhostw.exe                 2496 Console                    1     11,548 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:03 Task Host Window                                                       

RuntimeBroker.exe             1232 Console                    1     45,756 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:21 N/A                                                                     

msoia.exe                     5936 Console                    1      3,684 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 OfficePowerManagerWindow                                                

fcagte.exe                    8148 Console                    1      1,536 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

CcmExec.exe                   7532 Services                   0     29,372 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:19 N/A                                                                    

fcagte.exe                    8240 Console                    1      1,540 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

fcagte.exe                    8248 Console                    1      1,540 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

igfxEM.exe                    8284 Console                    1      3,712 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 The Event Manager - Status                                             

igfxHK.exe                    8296 Console                    1      1,148 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 HotKey Listener                                                        

WmiPrvSE.exe                  8524 Services                   0      9,708 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

explorer.exe                  8828 Console                    1    397,688 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:54 N/A                                                                    

ShellExperienceHost.exe       9056 Console                    1     35,004 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:05 New notification                                                        

rundll32.exe                  8368 Console                    1     85,900 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:04 PwrMgrBkGndWindow                                                       

SearchUI.exe                  9152 Console                    1     47,916 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:04 Cortana                                                                

PrinterInstallerClientInt     8200 Console                    1      3,528 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

RtsCM64.exe                   1076 Console                    1      3,420 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 FutitsuCam                                                             

CastSrv.exe                   9844 Console                    1      3,548 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

SetPoint.exe                  3528 Console                    1     11,524 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:02:00 LogiApplicationMonitorWnd                                              

KHALMNPR.exe                 10056 Console                    1      2,952 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 KHALHIDC_MainWindow                                                    

rundll32.exe                  8596 Console                    1     78,820 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:44 BTTrayApp                                                              

EpePcMonitor.exe             10408 Console                    1      3,084 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

Toast32.exe                  10536 Console                    1        684 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

lync.exe                     10584 Console                    1    151,544 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:01:50 Skype for Business                                                      

CiscoJabber.exe              10732 Console                    1     40,900 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:14 N/A                                                                    

RAVBg64.exe                  10968 Console                    1      1,440 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Realtek HD Audio Background Process for Vista                          

RAVCpl64.exe                 10976 Console                    1      1,576 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 GDI+ Window                                                            

RAVBg64.exe                  10984 Console                    1      1,452 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 GDI+ Window                                                            

onelinkpromgn.exe            10996 Console                    1      1,900 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 ThinkPad OneLink Dock                                                  

flux.exe                     11192 Console                    1      4,044 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:05 f.lux                                                                  

nsload.exe                    5988 Console                    1      2,488 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

ONENOTEM.EXE                 10352 Console                    1      1,412 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Microsoft OneNote 2016 - Windows taskbar                               

UpdaterUI.exe                 8976 Console                    1      6,440 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 McAfee Agent Updater                                                    

concentr.exe                  9300 Console                    1      3,072 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Citrix Connection Center                                               

wfcrun32.exe                  5284 Console                    1     13,896 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Remote Application Runtime                                             

wbxcOIEx.exe                  8968 Console                    1     14,888 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:01:10 HardwareMonitorWindow                                                  

mctray.exe                    8992 Console                    1      2,408 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 On-Access Scan Messages                                                

SecomSDK.exe                 11896 Console                    1      6,128 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:02 N/A                                                                    

AbtSvcHost_.exe              11552 Services                   0      8,184 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

devmonsrv.exe                12172 Services                   0      3,740 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

conhost.exe                  10780 Console                    1      1,548 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

esrv.exe                      7512 Console                    1      4,388 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe                                             

obexsrv.exe                   2752 Services                   0      1,532 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

SUService.exe                 8196 Services                   0      2,500 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

CmRcService.exe               7348 Services                   0      2,400 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

jhi_service.exe              10288 Services                   0      1,236 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

LMS.exe                       8264 Services                   0      3,332 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

iexplore.exe                 13248 Console                    1    195,632 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:24 Task Manager - Helper - Internet Explorer                              

iexplore.exe                  2420 Console                    1    172,912 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:27 N/A                                                                    

dllhost.exe                  12208 Console                    1      5,612 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 OleMainThreadWndName                                                   

OUTLOOK.EXE                  10176 Console                    1    112,664 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:08:50 Inbox - First.last@DOMAIN.ORG - Outlook                              

iexplore.exe                 12968 Console                    1    249,804 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:01:23 N/A                                                                     

iexplore.exe                 13464 Console                    1    153,592 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

WmiPrvSE.exe                 13596 Services                   0      1,540 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

iexplore.exe                 13624 Console                    1    178,480 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

UcMapi.exe                   11248 Console                    1     13,900 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:03 HardwareMonitorWindow                                                  

iexplore.exe                  9396 Console                    1    253,108 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:02:52 N/A                                                                    

fontdrvhost.exe               3564 Console                    1      1,216 K Unknown         N/A                                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

PWMDBSVC.exe                  9260 Services                   0      3,744 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

cmd.exe                      10748 Console                    1     71,580 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

conhost.exe                   6672 Console                    1        244 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                     

chrome.exe                    3516 Console                    1    110,560 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:03:39 Windows 10 performance is horrid - Windows 10 Support - Google Chrome  

chrome.exe                   14552 Console                    1      1,740 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

chrome.exe                   14788 Console                    1    123,088 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:01:46 N/A                                                                    

chrome.exe                   15072 Console                    1    127,784 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:39 N/A                                                                    

chrome.exe                   15080 Console                    1     23,816 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:03 N/A                                                                    

cmd.exe                      16952 Console                    1     71,656 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe                                            

conhost.exe                  16960 Console                    1      1,088 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

fcnm.exe                     17028 Console                    1      2,012 K Not Responding  Domain\user                                         0:00:01 OleMainThreadWndName                                                   

LSB.exe                      17328 Console                    1        820 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

WmiPrvSE.exe                 14852 Services                   0      6,964 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                     

SCNotification.exe           15312 Console                    1      8,368 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 .NET-BroadcastEventWindow.4.0.0.0.265601d.0                             

chrome.exe                   15876 Console                    1    267,416 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:03:40 N/A                                                                    

putty.exe                    11180 Console                    1      3,480 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:02 pcache.shs.org - PuTTY                                                 

lynchtmlconv.exe             10024 Console                    1     13,940 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:04 HardwareMonitorWindow                                                  

pnamain.exe                  10544 Console                    1      6,212 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:05 SystrayWindowName                                                      

wfica32.exe                  10272 Console                    1     11,088 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:01 System Center Configuration Manager (Connected to CDE - SITE - \\Remot

chrome.exe                   12548 Console                    1    141,908 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:10 N/A                                                                    

SettingSyncHost.exe          13916 Console                    1      2,976 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                  12832 Services                   0      3,664 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

ApplicationFrameHost.exe     14340 Console                    1      8,512 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Settings                                                                

Calculator.exe               17288 Console                    1        396 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Calculator                                                              

SystemSettings.exe            8412 Console                    1        904 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 Settings                                                               

WmiPrvSE.exe                 13316 Services                   0     14,504 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:02:41 N/A                                                                    

WmiApSrv.exe                 17320 Services                   0      2,096 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

WmiPrvSE.exe                 15588 Services                   0     15,104 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:20 N/A                                                                    

svchost.exe                  15300 Services                   0     10,036 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:01 N/A                                                                    

backgroundTaskHost.exe       16172 Console                    1     14,912 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

LPlatSvc.exe                  2016 Console                    1      7,524 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 LPlatSvc                                                               

cmd.exe                      17156 Console                    1     10,144 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 tasklist  /v                                                           

conhost.exe                   5012 Console                    1     15,720 K Running         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 CicMarshalWnd                                                           

WmiPrvSE.exe                  1420 Services                   0      8,196 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE                              0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

TrustedInstaller.exe          4280 Services                   0      7,232 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

TiWorker.exe                 14020 Services                   0     11,112 K Unknown         NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                                     0:00:02 N/A                                                                    

tasklist.exe                 12620 Console                    1     10,452 K Unknown         Domain\user                                         0:00:00 N/A                                                                    

These Windows services are started:

AbtSvcHost

Adobe Acrobat Update Service

Application Information

AppSense Client Communications Agent

AppSense User Virtualization Manager

AppSense Watchdog Service

AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC)

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Background Tasks Infrastructure Service

Base Filtering Engine

BiometricSensorDataSynchronization

Bluetooth Device Monitor

Bluetooth OBEX Service

CDPUserSvc_e27cc

Certificate Propagation

Citrix NetScaler Gateway Service

Client License Service (ClipSVC)

CNG Key Isolation

COM+ Event System

Computer Browser

Configuration Manager Remote Control

Connected Devices Platform Service

Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

Contact Data_e27cc

CoreMessaging

Credential Manager

Cryptographic Services

Data Sharing Service

DCOM Server Process Launcher

Device Association Service

DHCP Client

Diagnostic Policy Service

Diagnostic Service Host

Diagnostic System Host

Distributed Link Tracking Client

DNS Client

Energy Server Service queencreek

Geolocation Service

Group Policy Client

Human Interface Device Service

IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules

Intel Bluetooth Service

Intel® Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service

Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel Service

Intel® Management and Security Application Local Management Service

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Zero Configuration Service

Intel® System Usage Report Service SystemUsageReportSvc_QUEENCREEK

Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

IP Helper

IPsec Policy Agent

Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader

Lenovo Microphone Mute

Lenovo Platform Service

Lenovo PM Service

Lenovo Settings Power Service

Local Session Manager

McAfee Agent Backwards Compatibility Service

McAfee Agent Common Services

McAfee Agent Service

McAfee DLP Endpoint Service

McAfee Drive Encryption Agent

McAfee Drive Encryption Go

McAfee Drive Encryption SGX Service

McAfee McShield

McAfee Service Controller

McAfee Task Manager

McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service

Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service

Microsoft Passport

Microsoft Passport Container

Microsoft Windows SMS Router Service.

Netlogon

Network Connection Broker

Network Connections

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

Network Store Interface Service

Plug and Play

Power

Print Spooler

Printer Installer Client Launcher

Program Compatibility Assistant Service

Remote Desktop Configuration

Remote Desktop Services

Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) LD

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Net

RPC Endpoint Mapper

Security Accounts Manager

Security Center

Sensor Monitoring Service

Server

Shell Hardware Detection

SMS Agent Host

SSDP Discovery

State Repository Service

Storage Service

Superfetch

Synaptics FP WBF Policy Service

Sync Host_e27cc

SynTPEnh Caller Service

System Event Notification Service

System Events Broker

System Interface Foundation Service

System Update

Task Scheduler

TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

Themes

Tile Data model server

Time Broker

User Data Access_e27cc

User Data Storage_e27cc

User Manager

User Profile Service

VMware USB Arbitration Service

Windows Audio

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

Windows Biometric Service

Windows Connection Manager

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework

Windows Event Log

Windows Firewall

Windows Font Cache Service

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Windows License Manager Service

Windows Management Instrumentation

Windows Modules Installer

Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0

Windows Push Notifications System Service

Windows Search

Windows Time

Windows Update

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service

WLAN AutoConfig

WMI Performance Adapter

Workstation

Edited by misjudgedinall, 06 September 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#8 misjudgedinall

misjudgedinall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

If this was an upgrade from Windows 7 I would reinstall Windows 7 if possible and if not an upgrade install Windows 7 to see how the performance improves. As the computer with Windows 10 seems unusable I would consider linux if it's not possible to install Windows 7.  :)

This is not an upgrade from Windows 7. This is a fresh install. I have re-installed windows 10 twice and have tried windows 7 also. Windows 7 runs much better. 

I had a horrible day with this laptop yesterday could have tossed the thing like a Frisbee over the top of the parking deck. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users