Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer keeps restarting itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sannyN

sannyN

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hi,

Whenever i start my computer, i get a blue bios screen with following details:

GIGABYTE _ UEFI Dual BIOS (Screen Title)
BIOS has been reset - Please decide how to continue (Dialog or popup title)
Options:
1.Load optimized defaults then boot (by default highlighted)
2.Load optimized defaults then reboot
3.Enter BIOS

I have tried all three options, but it keeps poping up on every new boot session.
My computer does not shutdown properly as it restarts the system on clicking shutdown option. I had to switch off from main switch board every time.
After trying all options, when the system shows desktop, in the taskbar few icons are not visible, they will take space on screen but wont be visible.
To make them visible , i have to reboot the system.
Once the reboot is done, icons in task bar becomes visible and the incorrect system time is shown. Sometimes system shuts down randomly. I gave my system to a local computer repair shop, they were able to start the system, but could not find a solution for auto restart. Now my system is not starting as i cannot see the motherboard logo on screen which use to come before.

My system specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H
Processor: Intel i5 (3rd gen may be)
RAM: 8GB ddr3 1600 mhz Corsair Vengeance(4 GB X2)
PSU: VS650 Corsair
Graphic card:HD7850 GDDR5 2GB

I have 4 usb ports on the front panel of cabinet and 3 at the back panel.

Front usb's and audio jack does not work properly, back ones does work well.

Please advice me on how to find the root cause for all of these issues and rectify them as soon as possible.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

Have you checked the CMOS battery (a silver thing the size of a US nickel) on the motherboard?
If it's dying, it may not keep the BIOS settings and will revert to the default date/time and settings.

Beyond that, I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert opinions:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 sannyN

sannyN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Have you checked the CMOS battery (a silver thing the size of a US nickel) on the motherboard?
If it's dying, it may not keep the BIOS settings and will revert to the default date/time and settings.

Beyond that, I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert opinions:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

I will try to change the CMOS battery, coming weekend. I will let you once its done.

#4 sannyN

sannyN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

I found the solution to this problem, that was to replace the current motherboard with GA-H61M-S and now everything is working fine. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

I'm glad that it's working for you.

Thanks for letting us know!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users