Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple tabs opening in chrome

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ladnor

ladnor

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

I have Right Click Opens Link in New Tab app on chrome, it has worked well for years. Since yesterday when I right click it opens multiple tabs. Running windows 10

I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled but no change. I have run Malwarebytes and Avast but nothing found

Thanks for help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

I would report this to the developer of the add-on.  Chrome has received a number of significant updates recently, and if he or she has not been keeping up with them something could have finally broken their code.

I just use CTRL+T and you could until you get a response or notice that the add-on has been updated.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thanks Britechguy

It’s not chrome tabs that are the problem, when I right click on a link it opens multiple windows of that link. I hope that makes sense. If I press ctrl+shift then left click link it opens in a new window, it was just easier to right click which I’m used to and I keep doing it 

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,487 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

You could try clearing browser cache as a first step. If that does not work I would contact the developer. This still sounds like it could be a problem with code.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

#5 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for coming back Brian. I cleared cache. Deleted the app and reloaded.

Chrome store says app

Updated: 9 August 2017

09.09.2017 - 5 tabs in one click bug fixed!

So now it's running fine

Many thanks

Edited by ladnor, 10 August 2017 - 06:10 AM.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,487 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Well, I'm glad that your problem is fixed and that my theory about it being a code problem is confirmed by the developer!

#7 ladnor

ladnor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

You're spot on again Brian  :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users