Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cheap WiFi relay device needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kingneil

kingneil

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

What is the absolute cheapest way to get a Raspberry Pi-style board, which has WiFi, and the ability to provide constant power using solar or other renewable means?

Or even just a really long-lasting battery rather than even renewable energy?

I am looking for links to products that I can buy

1. Board

2. WiFi

3. Power source

By the way, the WiFi chip must have the ability to run a relay... i.e. to be used to receive WiFi from a hotspot, and also to be used as a hotspot itself at the same time.

The device needs to do very little other than receive a WiFi connection and then repeat it in a relay-style, i.e. create a mobile hotspot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

you've got some good advice here already; https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,162286.msg965352.html#msg965352

do you want to see how that Forum pans out first?

Edited by dropbear, 08 August 2017 - 06:47 PM.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Due to the potential for conficting and erroneous suggestions...it is not wise to post the same computer issues in multiple forums.

I suggest you pursue your topic elsewhere to completion...before initiating the same topic here at BC.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users