My family owns a small internet cafe business in New Zealand, thanks to the surge in mass online competitive gaming we are expanding and creating new computers.
We have a mixture of 25 computers with the following specs:
(G3258/8GB/256GB SSD) (i7 2600/8GB/256 SSD) (i3 4150/8GB/256 SSD) with Fiber Internet (75+Mbps down), Windows 7 Professional.
The most popular games we have are: Dota 2, CSgo, League of Legends, Overwatch, World of Warcraft etc.
We have a billing system but maintaining the computer seems to be a problem. Because the shop does not employ a centralized system coupled with simple guest access we are running into the following problems which I am looking to remedy.
1. Hard drives are being fulled with unnecessary downloads.
2. Updates have to be made manually to each computer.
3. Each computer has different games and applications installed.
4. Unlimited access.
5. Customers leave their email or gaming accounts logged in with several programs running in the background.
I have been building computers for the past several years but new when it comes to software.
That being said, I have always held an interest in software and hold a self starter mentality. I have thought about contacting a professional but before that I thought I might try to learn and to find out exactly what I need first.
What I am looking to achieve through the server is:
1. From the server computer being able to remotely reboot the client computer once the customer has finished. The reboot will serve to restore the computer back to it's original condition and remove anything that was downloaded/installed during the customer's session.
2. Manually update games from the server computer and roll it out to the client computers?
3. We have customers that play games that are quite old and not mainstream (Starcraft, Warcraft III, GTA). I am looking to put these games on a 2TB harddrive on the server computer. Will the client computers be able to access the harddrive on the server and play the games?
Will creating a server Windows or Linux be able to solve some of these problems?
Thanks for reading and of course your help!