Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drum Covers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KZ91820

KZ91820

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Anyone familiar with what software to use to separate the drum track from an original song and add your own drum track?

My son is a drummer who would like to make some drum covers but I don't have the software to do it, nor even know how much something like that would cost. All I have is an HD camcorder but no external mic or anything. I thought about maybe going to a studio and let them do it but I'm sure that's not cheap. He's really good though, and trying to hook up with an established band but doesn't have much marketing material. He's played in a few bands and we have video of that but it really doesn't showcase all that he can do. Plus, he's become much better than the old videos.

Maybe a trial version of something would allow me to create a few for him?

Or, is there an easier way?

Edited by KZ91820, 07 August 2017 - 02:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

By the time you hear a track, either off radio, CD, internet or anywhere else, it is already mixed down to one track (OK, two, it's probably stereo). It might be possible to edit out the drum track using an audio editor but it would be (1) difficult, and (2) very, very time consuming.

I am fairly sure that I have heard of the existence of recordings without one musical instrument or another. It would be worth your while researching this possibility. If you can source such recordings it would be very much easier than trying to edit out a drumtrack. They might still be relatively expensive, but much easier to use. You have to remember that pop/rock recording studios record each instrument on a separate track which are then blended and mixed down to the one that you normally meet.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

#3 KZ91820

KZ91820
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Good points. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users