Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers keeps stopping on Dell 990

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Weird, external speakers stop working and on board sound starts to work, (device manager says device is unplugged, whether speakers are plugged into front or back). This happened a month or so ago and i came across a random YouTube video that had me stop a service, delete the hardware from device driver and install a driver, that worked sound returned.
Cant find that instruction again.  Any idea?

Summary
        Operating System
            Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
        CPU
            Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz    42 °C
            Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
        RAM
            4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
        Motherboard
            Dell Inc. 0D6H9T (CPU 1)
        Graphics
            BenQ LCD (1920x1080@60Hz)
            512MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (Dell)    46 °C
        Storage
            465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (SATA)    37 °C
        Optical Drives
            TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SN-208BB ATA Device
        Audio
            High Definition Audio Device

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BNDAZ

BNDAZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

I managed to find and download a new driver set for this unit and now the speakers work., Why does the driver keep changing?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:02 PM

Any file...may become damaged/corrupted in Windows.  The reasons for corruption are varying, but the end result is that the file cannot do all that it is supposed to do.

Corrupt drivers are often highlighted in Event Viewer and BSOD logs/bug reports.

The standard cure is to uninstall the damaged file...and reinstall one which is undamaged.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/mean-file-corrupt-70768.html AND https://askleo.com/why_or_how_do_files_become_corrupt/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users