Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

power to screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

Odd issue here.  I see this isn't a super active section of the forum but it never hurts to put it out there.  :)

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy express 3 she bought last October.  this is an issue she should have taken up with samsung or AT&T when it first occurred but she put it off so long, she was then afraid it would be a waste of time to try and get assistance from them.  The issue happened not long after getting the phone and I feel if she addressed it sooner, she may have just got it replaced.  Who knows.
Anyway... 

It MAY have gotten wet... BUT, it was only from her wearing the phone while jogging and sweating on it.  wasn't in a flood or anything, and we tried drying it out well.
The phone works mostly fine...  and this issue(I'm about to explain) seemed to start after that incident so we can only assume it had something to do with that.

Basically, if the charge on the phone is below a certain level, you can't get the screen to show up.  If you know where to press and swipe you can usually still answer calls and hang up... though it is a little tricky.  I think it's somewhere in the low 80% range...  if it's charged up in the 90's to 100%, there's absolutely no issue.  when it falls to a certain level, you have to hit the power button several times to get the screen to show if you're lucky... below that, it's not possible.
Plug it in and all is well.
My guess is that when the charge isn't enough, not enough power makes it to the screen somehow.  I'm wondering if something like that is fixable.  She's been living with that issue since October... and it's frustrating to say the least.  She spent too much money(for us) on the phone and she's not thrilled about the idea of just going out and buying a new one...  I think that would be less headache though.
I know this isn't a phone repair forum but, any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users