Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer loads up with yellow stripes/lines

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 illprayforthistown56

illprayforthistown56

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hi, i have a problem where my computer loads up with these yellow stripes/lines going down across the screen. I tried alot to resolve this but i can't figure out what the problem is. It happened days ago whilst i was playing a game and it lagged out and the whole screen just went black. I turned it off by the power button then started it up again and this happened.Attached File  image.jpeg   56.64KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   83.05KB   0 downloads
If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 illprayforthistown56

illprayforthistown56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

It also will not show anything after the load up ext. just a black screen.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Since this appears to be a desktop the first thing to do is to try a different monitor to see if the fault appears on that. If you don't have a spare monitor then see if you can borrow one. This will determine if the problem is with the monitor or the computer.

I cannot go further than this unless you supply rather more information :-  make and model of computer, video card fitted if known, make and model of monitor, your OS.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 illprayforthistown56

illprayforthistown56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

I'll try, and thank you. But did this happen because of the lag crash?

#5 illprayforthistown56

illprayforthistown56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

Or that i turn it off at the power button mostly all the time?

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Do you have a separate graphics card in this computer or are you using on-board graphics ?  If you are using a separate graphics card try the on-board graphics and see if the display works then.

Your problem is you have five components in the chain and the simplest way to establish which one is causing the problem is substitution - you replace a component with a known good one. The components are :- The monitor. The connecting cable. Your graphics card. The mobo. And just possibly the PSU. The first three are the most likely culprits and the simplest way to check them is to try a temporary replacement - beg, borrow or steal them. Once you have established which component is faulty then you can consider buying a replacement.

Another factor you have to consider. This is a fairly old computer, it may just be time to replace it.

Or that i turn it off at the power button mostly all the time?

If by this you mean you routinely turn off the computer by pressing and holding the 'On' switch this is not good for computers. They are meant to be shut down by software, try and get out of the habit of using the power-on button.

Chris Cosgrove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users