Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi constantly disconnecting after fresh Windows 10 install.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WhatInTheWorld79

WhatInTheWorld79

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

So I just did a complete format of an older Asus laptop model:X54C. I installed windows 10 on it in place of windows 7. I also installed all the drivers for this model on the Asus website. Now the dang wifi goes out every 3 or so minutes. It stays off for a few minutes, then reconnects. 

I have tried the supposed fix where you go to the network card in Device Management, then the power management tab and uncheck (allow the computer to turn off this device to save power). It did nothing. I cannot find anything else when googling this problem. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks.. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:58 AM

Probably find its a Win 10 Driver issue , does the Asus Website show any Drivers for WIN 10 ?

I have had similar issues on older Laptops ive repaired and my own but all ran Win 7 or Vista.

And my fix was for drop outs etc ......

1/ Check your Modem / Router - Wireless  { i Run TPLink W8960N / 3 In 1 } .

2/ In Wireless Section check Security Options , I set my Encryption to TKIP/AES.

3/ Then on my Laptop ,  Click Wifi Connection / Properties / Security / Encryption / and I set it to AES. 

Never had an isssue since , on mine or others from my Home Network Connection via the TPLink.

If that doesnt work someone else will add further to other possible fixes , but it may just be Win 10 ? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users