Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crazy power issues with nextbook

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scotie

Scotie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

So I have a nextbook, about two years old. Recently I've been having a few problems with power and charging.

1. It will randomly stop charging and say it's not plugged in. If I unplug then replug it helps for a moment or two but the only way to get this to stop for a fair amount of time is to turn it off and not use it for a while.

2. It will get stuck a random percent for a while, one times it was stuck at 17, once at 37, ect.

3. It uncharges while shut down. I'll turn it off when I go to bed, I make sure it shuts down entirely, then not use it all day but when I finally try to turn it back on it's all the way down to zero percent. I have to unplug and replug it again to get it to charge, but there's no gaurentee this won't happen again or that problem 1 won't interfere.

I don't know what to do to fix this. I can't get a new battery because they don't seem to sell them anywhere, and the closest thing I have to tech support is my step dad who just tells me to keep unpluging and repluging.

Any one have any idea what might be going on and how to fix it?

Edit: New issue has occurred. Now it won't charge at all.

Edited by Scotie, 07 August 2017 - 12:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users