Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only 1 Speaker Working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 joe_pau

joe_pau

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Hi, I've got an ASUS CM6850, its got i7 Intel, etc, etc. I had Windows 10 on the machine and went back to Windows 7 and still have the same issue where only one speaker is working. Here is what I've done to troubleshoot.

Here are the PC's specs: https://www.asus.com/my/Tower-PCs/Essentio_CM6850/specifications/

1) I tested the speakers on another computer and verified the speakers are good. 

2) Uninstalled the drivers rebooted and reloaded, same issue.

3) Looked in the BIOS and did not see any settings to tweak

4) Went in to Realtek Audio Management to do a sound test, I can hear and see (there is a box that flashes around the speaker being tested) on the left and only see the right speaker. 

5) I am plugged into the correct output on the back of the PC

One thing that I noticed is that there are 2 audio drivers loaded. An Nvidia and Realtek. I disabled the Nvidia but no change.

I did read on another forum about having no sound was resolved by running the following commands:

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
press enter then type:
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
press enter then type:
exit
press enter and restart your computer

I didn't want to do this as I heard it effects security and I'm not clear what this action is actually doing.

Here is the link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-sound-the-unsolvable-problem-take-the-challenge-594113-2.html

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users