Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network security concerns with netstat output

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 3dholly-windows

3dholly-windows

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Why does windows push notification "wpnservice" service connects to microsoft? as shown on the log below:

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
  TCP    10.0.0.6:49680         65.52.108.209:443      ESTABLISHED
  WpnService
 [svchost.exe]
  TCP    [2601:680:c101:5813:b94f:2f70:4945:e4f6]:49950  [2600:1407:21:288::76a]:443  CLOSE_WAIT
 [WinStore.App.exe]
  TCP    [2601:680:c101:5813:b94f:2f70:4945:e4f6]:49951  [2600:1406:b000:18c::57]:443  CLOSE_WAIT
 [WinStore.App.exe]

and what the hell is winstore sending to that ipv6 also encrypted! are they spying me? winstore is up all the time on netstat and so is WpnService [svchost.exe].

And what is this WpnUserService_1fce2f thing? that name doesn't look like it's even legit! which connects to a23-47-203-161.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [23.47.203.161] same like in windows 7 for like system or svchost. I don't want to be spied on. check attachment photo.

please guide me through the process of checking this out.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

The Windows Push Notification Services (WNS) enables third-party developers to send toast, tile, badge, and raw updates from their own cloud service. This provides a mechanism to deliver new updates to your users in a power-efficient and dependable way.

Windows Push Notifications User Service (WpnUserService). This service hosts Windows notification platform which provides support for local and push notifications. Supported notifications are tile, toast and raw.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 3dholly-windows

3dholly-windows
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

so windows remote servers get my information and send me notifications about my system status? that's intrusive! can't windows do it locally? and do you know why WpnUserService_1fce2f has the 1fce2f at the end? that looks malware.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

I have service named WpnUserService_4c4c5 its not a virus.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#5 3dholly-windows

3dholly-windows
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

does anyone else has this issue too?

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

so windows remote servers get my information and send me notifications about my system status? that's intrusive! can't windows do it locally? and do you know why WpnUserService_1fce2f has the 1fce2f at the end? that looks malware.

Any number of remote servers for services you are using might exchange information with your computer.  Yes, there are probably some that you don't know about (nor do I) as far as Windows itself goes.

It's neither intrusive nor spying.  It's the nature of a cloud-based computing world.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users