Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Preferred coffee?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Node_*

Guest_Node_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

I'm curious as to how you guys/girls prefer your coffee. I normally prefer mine with hazel nut creamer (powder or liquid), sugar, and a few table spoons of honey. I like mine with a sweet taste that also carries along some health benefits which is why I add the honey.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,404 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Black poured straight from the old metal coffee pot cooked on an open flame gas stove. :thumbsup:

Every now and again I will have a double shot of Wild Turkey 101 with my coffee in the evening.

I ain't in to all of this modern sweet candy flavor Latte coffee.

I see to many people pour coffee into their cup of sugar and creamer why even bother.

Edited by The-Toolman, 06 August 2017 - 09:58 PM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#3 MrSippi

MrSippi

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

I like mint in mine.

Looking for Mrs Sippi

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,584 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

Fun to ask! For me a cup-a-joe = 3 cups water, 3 scoops Trader Joe's house blend, and the must have: half and half! I've heard that butterfat is a benefit for good health!  :lmao:

Silly note: The half and half I use for coffee is the United States version! There are so many "other" ways around the world that half and half is used, many which would get me in trouble for my first cup-a-joe in the morning! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_and_half

#5 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

I like the ideas of mint and Wild Turkey (not together though).

I'll be trying those over the next few days. :)

for me, a flat white, no sugar, from my home Nespresso machine.

it makes them as good as any Barista made one I've ever had.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Somehow I never really 'graduated' in terms of beverage-preference from my 7-year old self and till this day don't drink anything else besides water and juice, and from time to time the occasional Coca-Cola or Fanta. :lmao: Coffee tastes too sour for me and alcohol is unpleasant both in terms of taste and effects (Seriously, what is up with pretty much everyone on the planet becoming joyful when drunk and for me all that alcohol does is make me angry, lol)

Water and Juice Team for the Win! :lmao:

dd1.gif

Edited by Just_One_Question, 10 August 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#7 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Coffee tastes too sour for me and alcohol is unpleasant both in terms of taste and effects (Seriously, what is up with pretty much everyone on the planet becoming joyful when drunk and for me all that alcohol does is make me angry, lol)

Coffee and alcohol is an acquired taste.

I enjoy coffee first thing in the morning and sometimes in the evening after dinner.

I survived on strong black coffee in the military as the last thing I wanted was to get busted asleep while on guard duty which isn't a good thing to be busted for.

Some people drink alcohol to relax from perhaps a long frustrating day of work or perhaps at a social event with others without getting stupidly intoxicated and acting like an a$$.

Some people just can't handle drinking alcohol as some people become 30 foot tall and bulletproof which isn't good for them or others around. :nono:

I enjoy have a couple drinks now and then or in the evening depending on what is going on and where I might be.

The Wife and I go out sometimes to a local pub and have a few drinks with other people we know and when that is the case we will taxi cab it to and from as no way do I want to get pulled over and arrested for a DUI.

Whatever your choice may be just enjoy and be responsible where alcohol is used. :thumbup2:

Life is good.

The Toolman :wink:

Edited by The-Toolman, 10 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#8 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Yes, Toolman, I agree. It would appear the these drinks are just not meant for me. This, of course, doesn't stop me from just ordering orange or peach juice, or just plain water, when I am out with friends. And, on the plus side, I never worry about going out with a car, since I am not a drinker, and my buddies always know they have a designated driver. A win-win. :thumbup2:

P.S. Somewhat funny story: When I was younger, I felt peer pressure, as kids do, when everyone at a gathering had a glass of alcohol in their hands. So, what I did was either drink water or apple juice in a cup and no-one would question me, as it would appear I am drinking either vodka or whiskey. Teenagers have inventive minds when it comes to stupid stuff... :lmao:

Edited by Just_One_Question, 10 August 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#9 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Coffee, a once a day wake up, only added a shot of Bailey's

#10 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Just instant, mainly water, but a little semi-skimmed milk, and a sweetener.

#11 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

I grind my beans then drink coffee by the cafetiere. I prefer it with milk.

When my (metal insulated) cafetiere begins to lose heat, I pour the milk into the mug and heat it in the microwave, then add the coffee.

I drink lemon green tea with honey, but have never tried it in coffee.

#12 DelPomerinke

DelPomerinke

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

When I'm on the 'road' I look for Burger King or McDonalds, suprisingly both have a decent Senior cup of black coffee for  $.59

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users