Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

What media player do you like the best?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Node_*

Guest_Node_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

I personally like VLC Media Player as it supports various type of media and it's extremely simple to use.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

I use VLC only for the same reasons you shared as well as you can adjust the brightness, contrast of the videos you're watching.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

I have never understood why people (or most of them, I'll be the contrarian) say that VLC Media Player is "simple to use."

I actually use it upon occasion but its user interface is probably my least favorite among the media players I do use, at least on the PC platform.  I like VLC on Android much better than I do under Windows.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

I have never understood why people (or most of them, I'll be the contrarian) say that VLC Media Player is "simple to use."

I actually use it upon occasion but its user interface is probably my least favorite among the media players I do use, at least on the PC platform.  I like VLC on Android much better than I do under Windows.

I agree. VLC is my favorite media player but I wish there was a way to put it inside WMP (no, not just a skin for VLC).

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

Never liked VLC , each to there own , were all different so use what you prefer.

I still use Media Player Classic - Plays Everything.

1/ Drag and Drop Media from Folders.

2/ Sync Audio if Out.

3/ Screen Capture.

4/ Plenty of Option Features.

5/ Ease of Use.

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

An excerpt from a comment of mine a while ago:

BTW, I have found 'VLC media player' to be a pretty good program/app for playing your videos on and have never seen a program with better subtitles searching capabilities than it. (Although it should be noted that I haven't tried all digital video players - mostly Windows Media Player, BS Player, KM Player, Media Player Classic and the built-in Android Player in Android v. 4.0-6.0, and have found VLC media player to be the best overall, especially in terms of automatic subtitle searching with just the press of a button: the subtitles are usually either there or they are not; there is no searching or browsing through different libraries of subs, which I really like.) I do it because I like watching American movies and TV series and even though I know English (as a 2nd language), I sometimes don't quite get what the characters are saying so I require the help of subtitles. In my experience old TV shows and movies do have English subtitles readily available if the content is popular among watchers. For example, a month ago I watched Citizen Kane and VLC media player found and loaded English subtitles for it in about 5-7 seconds or so, despite it being a 1941 motion picture.

Not sure if this info will be of any sort of value to you, but in all cases I find it cool that you have amassed such a good TV series library. :)

TL;DR: I fancy VLC media player (the Android one) due to simplicity + subtitles. :thumbup2:

Edited by Just_One_Question, 10 August 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#7 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

I mainly use PotPlayer. 

#8 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

I like Windows Media Player with K-lite Mega Codec Pack and WMP Tag Plus installed(so i can play my FLAC and Wav-Pack files).

I also have AIMP4 and Foobar2000 installed, and last but not least VLC. :notme:

#9 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:31 AM

On Windows : (Windows 10)

I installed K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega Version, (I think the biggest one) set to automatically update)

I use Windows Media Player for listening to music, MP3 generally. I used to like the Quintessential Player.

For Videos KMPlayer (with all ads blocked courtesy Adguard, KIS) for its easy playback controls.

I use VLC only when the file has very less sound. As per my experience (thankfully not first hand) VLC screws up your sound system when the audio files are played at any volume level above 100.

On Android : (Yu Yureka)

For music, Saavn or JetAudio Plus.

For Videos MxPlayer Pro (generally) or VLC Media Player (Very Rarely which means I need the file playing but my screen turned off case)

On Windows Mobile :(Lumia 520)

For Music the default phone player

For Videos Moliplayer Pro.

On iPhone: (5s)

For Music default music player.

For Videos default video player.

I don't use much my iPhone for listening or viewing. Its just a plain calling device.

Both my Windows PC and Android Mobile are blocked for Ads by Adguard(Windows, Android) and Adaway (Android) so I do not know any issues caused by the advertisements. 

Any suggestions (by experience) for the media players to try are welcome.

#10 mambans

mambans

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

I've tried a few and Potplayer is my favorite. Vlc is OK but there are not to many options there compared to others like Potplayer or Mpc. But in my opinion Mpc is incredibly ugly, like something from 1980s. So that's why I use Potplayer, It has all the options and its pretty, even prettier with a skin.

Edited by mambans, 19 October 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#11 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

VLC because it just works.

Unlike Hareen (#9) I try to keep the volume level in VLC at the 100% level and play my audio through a mini hifi system to its speakers. Also I have never worried about 'skins', I very seldom look at VLC. I am either running video at full screen or I am playing music with VLC minimised.

Chris Cosgrove

#12 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:28 AM

good morning my friends,

for me the best media player for the moment is the x-codec pack

http://www.xpcodecpack.com

why ?

very low resources needs

much smaller size than k-lite mega codec pack

top sound and video quality

the layout of the program is outdated but if your looking for that ''top sound and video quality''  then you have to install it !!!!

#13 Overkillian

Overkillian

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

I use Medie Jukebox. I love this program. You have an advanced customizable library where you can list everything the way you want. I went from Windows Media Player happy I could use the same functions and more.

I only use to VLC to play videos. It barely has any kind of library or ways of organizing your music/o.a.

#14 SMWade

SMWade

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

VLC, All time favorite!

#15 Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:30 AM

I like VLC because other media player volumes upto 100% but VLC have 200%. Some videos I watch can't hear properly because low sound but when the same Video I watch in VLC I can hear easily because of double volume and also VLC didn't give me any issue about to play video.

VLC is the best player.  :thumbup2:

Edited by Neil_Hines, 06 November 2017 - 03:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users