Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

hi to all,

i have found this used  hp compaq desktop for 40 euros through some local classifieds but i couldn't identify the exact model 

from the photo i can see that is an intel p4 mt

you can download the photo from the follow link

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1394024

if the desktop is socket lga775 with any of the intel p4 630 or 640 prescott core with ddr2 ram support is good for me since i need such as cheap pc

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,397 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

There is usually sticker with exact info on either side of case or back of case. Ask for that.

#3 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

I've seen 5-6 year old HP i7-2600 systems coming in off lease with valid Win7 right about the same amount....

Gets a functional system for surfing for very minimal dollars, to be sure...

Good luck.....

(I'd look for something newer, at least quad core, if at all possible...

The P4's are brutally slow single cores by today's standards for anything other that tinkering with Linux distros or WInXP

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#4 nickos

nickos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

good afternoon my friends

thanks for the replies

i have found an old hp brochure and the desktop i am interested is the hp compaq dx6120 micro tower business series desktop

unfortunately the intel 915g chipset can handle only 4 gb or ddr2 ram which is too limited for me

the p4 cpu is not that bad at all even by today's standards

a p4 at 2.6 or 3.2 ghz with hypertreading is quite good and with the addition of a mid range video card you can do a lot (if your not a gamer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users