Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very strange no signal output problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 talkingtree

talkingtree

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

Hi,

Had upgrade a computer to connect with SSD (primary) and HDD (secondary). The same motherboard had 2x DVI output, and is using dual monitors.

Problem:

Once in a while, when the computer restarts, there will be a no signal sign displayed on the monitor, and it will stay with no signal output for as for every restart afterwards. The short term fix for this currently is to detach the SATA wire of the SSD to motherboard and reseat. Magically, the display will show up normal once again. Had tried to update the motherboard firmware without success.

Does anyone have any solution for the long term so that it will not randomly have "no signal" display? Perhaps,

- change SSD

- add a graphic card and using VGA/HDMI with DVI

Feel free to share suggestions

Edited by talkingtree, 06 August 2017 - 07:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ilonggo

ilonggo

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hello, have you tried to reset your CMOS? Actually, your issue is a bit weird because normally it should work. Can you please send us your computer specification.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:49 AM

Have you gone to the BIOS and changed the boot order so that the ssd is the first device in the boot order?  If you haven't, you should.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 talkingtree

talkingtree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:44 AM

Hello, have you tried to reset your CMOS? Actually, your issue is a bit weird because normally it should work. Can you please send us your computer specification.

Yes, it's pretty weird

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF

x64 based

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU 3.4GHz 3408 Mhz

Bios version HP N01 Ver 02.18 28/3/17

Bios Mode UEFI

16GB ram

Drives C: NTFS 446GB

Drives D: NTFS 450GB

Do you need more info?

Have you gone to the BIOS and changed the boot order so that the ssd is the first device in the boot order?  If you haven't, you should.

Ok I'll try, wont know the effect immediately

#5 ilonggo

ilonggo

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

Hello, sorry for  late reply, I hope that you solved your issue now. If not, I don't see any problem why it doesn't work, given that you have a very good computer specification. Can you try to just use the SSD alone without the HDD?

#6 talkingtree

talkingtree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:27 AM

Hello, sorry for  late reply, I hope that you solved your issue now. If not, I don't see any problem why it doesn't work, given that you have a very good computer specification. Can you try to just use the SSD alone without the HDD?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Ok, will try, I'm suspecting it is to do with the network adaptor now. Apparently the problem occur when the router is restarted, the computer gets no network, the user restarts the computer, then the display shows no output.

Tried to boot from SSD, but still getting the problem.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

1. Once in a while, when the computer restarts

2. there will be a no signal sign displayed on the monitor, and it will stay with no signal output for as for every restart afterwards.

3. The short term fix for this currently is to detach the SATA wire of the SSD to motherboard and reseat.

1. Is this restart occurring on its' own or are you restarting it?

2. This message is telling you that there is no output from the graphics.

3. When you connected the ssd did you use a new sata power and signal cables?  Have you tried swapping the two data cables?

Did this computer come with Windows 10 installed?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens Click on File which is in the upper left portion of the screen, then click on Publish Snapshot.

In the following screen click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users