Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ps Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joker4302

Joker4302

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hello there again everyone i have another questiong i am wondering if my mother board which is a DFI P4/478/533 ATX NB73-EA mother board.

Here is some info on it http://www.hwextreme.com/reviews/motherboard/dfi_nb73ea/

Can it handle the BFG tech 650watt PS unit?
I know it is way over doing it but i want a PS that will last me for the next 3 or 4 years, i am waiting for vista to come out before i upgrade to a new comp. In which case i will swap this PS into the new comp if u guys think it will work. Will their be a problem with the connectors though? it says PCI but also i have read it will work with AGP, and whats this i am reading about a 20+4 pin connector? i looked at my connector now and it appears to be only 20.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817702003 here is the PS i am talking about, if you have an opinion or info please help me out and speak up.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

The question usually is whether the PSU will be large enough to support the components. I don't know what GPU you intend to use, but both 12V rails are rated at 20A, and 650W should be overkill, so you should be fine.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Joker4302

Joker4302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

Sorry totally forgot to put down the new video card i am gonna install. here it is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814143045
I was told by another person that i need mid to hi 20 amps on the 12V rail is this true?

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

I was told by another person that i need mid to hi 20 amps on the 12V rail is this true?

Depends, if you have only have one 12V rail then you could need more.

BFG isn't known for good power supplys though.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users