Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card and 2 of 3 USB-Hubs are not detected, also services stopped arbitrary

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 plunzauge

plunzauge

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Hello everyone,

this is my first post in a tech forum, so please excuse if i'm making mistakes.

I have an ASUS X555UB Laptop, which has some strange problems.

It started with 2 of 3 USB-Hubs which stopped working. The device manager still shows them as fully functional. I deleted the drivers and installed them again... Nothing happened.

So the USB thing happened and a couple days later all of the following happened at the same time:

My onboard soundcard (Realtek High Definition) doesnt work anymore. It was not shown in the device manager, and so i installed the drivers with the function 'adding legacy hardware'. Now it's at the device manager again. Properties say it has a Code 10 error which is why it is still not working.

Also some services seemed to stop arbitrarly. The Software Protection is on 'Automatic' but I still have to start it manually.
The service 'Intel ® Manegement and Security Local Management' I cannot even start. It shows Code 1053.

Also the security center service and the service 'Windows Management Instrumentation' were down but i was capable of reactivating these two.

I already did the sfc /scannow thing but it didnt reveal any corrupted files or other problems. I also updated Windows to the latest version and I did the Inplace Upgrade which pretty much changed nothing.

Another mistake which occured was that when i created a new user account with no administration rights i couldn't log in. I could log in, when i gave admin rights to that new account.

I am very thankful for every help and I hope that all this mess is on the soft- and not the hardware.

Thx, plunz

Edited by plunzauge, 05 August 2017 - 02:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

There is a whole slew of things that can cause these types of problems.

I suggest you post here...https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/233/windows-crashes-bsod-and-hangs-help-and-support/ Be sure that you follow the first pinned instructions.

Also, include a speccy snapshot of your system. Follow the instructions here...https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

#3 plunzauge

plunzauge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

Thank you, i moved the post as you told me!

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:58 AM

Topic continues here:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/653610/sound-card-and-2-of-3-usb-hubs-are-not-detected-services-stopped-arbitrarily/

This topic closed to avoid confusion.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users