Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Converting files in Adobe Photoshop Elements 12

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 klaktovee

klaktovee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Have been using Elements 4. Recently bought disk to upgrade to 12 but optical drives (2) wouldn't read it so first installed it on another computer and transferred it to a USB drive. Then copied it and carried it into the 'C' drive but now I'm stuck as I don't know how to convert the file folders (two: Elements and Organiser) into what I would call the opening interface window (what would normally be seen when first clicking on the Elements icon on the desktop). Hoping this turns out to be straightforward! Any help gratefully received.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

I don't fully understand the question but I'm sure transferring it from another disk won't work. It has to install several things in more than one location. I had mine installed on a different drive but when I reinstalled windows it won't run so I'll have to redownload it and install it again.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,551 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

If you installed it on the other computer and then copied over the installed files I would not expect this to work, Software has to go through the installation process on a Windows computer to tie it in with the registry and other windows features.

What has worked for me in the past, when faced with a laptop without an optical drive, is to copy the contents of the CD/DVD to a memory stick and then install from that. But you copy all the files off the CD/DVD to the memory stick, you don't install the software onto the temporary host.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 klaktovee

klaktovee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

If you installed it on the other computer and then copied over the installed files I would not expect this to work, Software has to go through the installation process on a Windows computer to tie it in with the registry and other windows features.

What has worked for me in the past, when faced with a laptop without an optical drive, is to copy the contents of the CD/DVD to a memory stick and then install from that. But you copy all the files off the CD/DVD to the memory stick, you don't install the software onto the temporary host.

Chris Cosgrove

I have now copied the contents from the installation CD to the USB drive, this time without installing them to the PC. Now what should be done? Do I copy this to my 'C' drive? If so, what then?

Sorry about this, but I really do need step by step procedure.

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Open it up on the flash drive and run setup. The computer may give you a pop up asking what to do with it with run setup as an option.

#6 klaktovee

klaktovee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Open it up on the flash drive and run setup. The computer may give you a pop up asking what to do with it with run setup as an option.

After a very long journey PSE now installed! Thanks for starting me off on the right track. First off the Organiser wasn't working. Solved that one by changing the Catalog name. Now the *@!!£"?***!!! Editor

won't work. This is by a long way the most buggy software I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Aaaarrrrgh!

#7 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

What I'd do next is go to uninstall and see if they give you an option to repair the software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users