Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hanging up.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

Lately my computer have been hanging up during browsing and playing net games. I can't really understand why. Also I get few troubling error messages on event viewer:

Log name: Application Error Code: 2001

Source: usbperf

Event code: 2001

First Counter -arvoa ei voi lukea kohdassa usbperf\Performance Key. Tilakoodit palautettiin tiedoissa.

Log name: Application Error code: 80

Source: SideBySide

Aktivointikontekstin luonti kohteelle C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe epäonnistui. Virhe luettelo- tai käytäntötiedoston  rivillä . Sovelluksen edellyttämä osaversio on ristiriidassa jo aktiivisena olevan osaversion kanssa. Ristiriitaiset osat: Osa 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_fa3b1e3d17594757.manifest. Osa 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d.manifest.

I am using windows ReadyBoost USB. Can that thing crash my computer?

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 05 August 2017 - 06:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

Also I like to know this: Is disabling services good idea or not? I know that some pages recommend that but some OTHER pages say that can make computer unstable.

#3 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

I have traced some problems to system device. I hear click sound from my speakers and my mouse disconnects. I can even find that ffing pointer and I need to press RESET button to solve the hang.

OH. More info:

That crash usually happens when I use Youtube and play my netgame same time.

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 05 August 2017 - 08:38 AM.

#4 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

... I don't get this at all. Now that crashing SOMEHOW disappeared. :crazy: :scratchhead:   . Crazy

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 05 August 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

Readyboost might crash your computer, but it takes a lot of work to determine if it's doing it or not.

Disabling services may or may not be a good idea.  Each system and each set of circumstances are different - so the decision to disable or not must be made after doing the appropriate research to determine what the effects will be on your system.  Check out Black Viper's website:  http://www.blackviper.com/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Ok. Thanks for info but I need to know this. My eventviewer is filling OUT with this error message:

Log name: application Error code: 2001

Source: Usbperf

First Counter -arvoa ei voi lukea kohdassa usbperf\Performance Key. Tilakoodit palautettiin tiedoissa.

Also that sidebyside error is popping over and OVER again:

Log name: Application Error code: 80

Source: SideBySide

Aktivointikontekstin luonti kohteelle C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe epäonnistui. Virhe luettelo- tai käytäntötiedoston  rivillä . Sovelluksen edellyttämä osaversio on ristiriidassa jo aktiivisena olevan osaversion kanssa. Ristiriitaiset osat: Osa 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_fa3b1e3d17594757.manifest. Osa 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d.manifest.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

From what I can see, you've got a problem with Audacity and maybe with a USB device that might be associated with it.

What is the problem that you are facing? 

Suggestions:

- uninstall Audacity

- run DISM and SFC.EXE

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.  If it does find corruptions that it cannot repair, I would suggest zipping up and posting the CBS.log (from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log ) so that other experts can help with that (I can't read the CBS logs myself).

Past that, my suggestions are very generic:

My suggestions for those who have problems with W7 and earlier are:

1)  Perform a "clean" install of Windows to see if that stops the problems:  http://www.carrona.org/canned.html#clean
This is different from a simple reinstall - it tries to only use Windows components.  Please read the steps at the link above.
The point of this is that you:
- don't install 3rd party software, and
- that Windows is fully installed from legitimate recovery media, that it is fully updated, and that there are no errors in Device Manager
If you continue to have errors after this procedure, then the issue is most likely hardware.
(FYI - if it fails, there's also the possibility that the restore media is corrupted - trying another copy from another source may help)

2)  If that doesn't stop the problems, then first try these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html 
If all of the hardware diagnostics pass, try this procedure (designed for desktops, not real easy for laptops):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Beyond those suggestions, if it's a hardware issue, I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/
If it's a software problem, then I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 7 forums:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

Ok. I have a question: Does running that DISM deletes any of my files?

And on one page that 2001 is occurring because Remote Registry Service is disabled. I have it disabled because I heard it is a security threat.

I try to Uninstall Audacity and then re-install it. Lets see if that works on my problem.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

DISM should not affect your files

I do not know about Remote Registry Service.  BlackViper suggests disabling it, that's all that I know

I'd suggest posting over in the Windows 7 forums if you're concerned about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users