Good'ay Everyone !!!
Windows Defender Beta 2 is at it agin'
Recent attempts to download and install Update 1.14.1669.8 (KB915587) failed with these codes:
1. With download from Defender Console: Unable to complete update 0x80240022 Wrong diskette in drive Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number %3) into drive %1.
2. With Automatic Updates: Install failed 0x800B0109.
Reading the Article - Cannot Download/Install Certain Programs/Updates - on the Microsoft site; I found that once again there were needed updates/installs to w2000 needed to support these upgrades.
I downloaded and installed:
1. Direct X End-User Run Time Update
2. Security Update for Direct X9 KB904706
3. Root Certificates Update
4. Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components KB832483
After these were installed the update ran normally and works great !!!!!!!
Been a coupla days and all seems/runs welllll........
I hope this helps someone outhere....you have been such a help to me.....thank you
Stay happy and healthy.