Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probable memory problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grimnast

grimnast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:31 AM

Hello,

I recently upgraded my  win10 x32 to win10 x64 version in order to be able to utilize more than 4GB of RAM.

The OS installation went smoothly, but after it was done the system still did not recognize 8GB, still only 4GB.(At this point i ran a few programs to test whether they were working in the new environment, everything went well!!!)

So I disassembled the computer and reallocated the memory cards in its sockets.This seemed to have solved the problem, as now the comp spec says I have 8GB RAM.This is where i realised that there is a problem:Instead of running more smoothly, my computer with 8GB RAM is now slower than it was before with the x32 version and 4GB RAM.I experience lags even with a simple task as opening the browser/browsing.

I am assuming this is a memory related problem since it started the moment after i reallocated the sticks in the sockets to utilize their full potential.

win10pro x64

intel i5 2.8GHz

4x 2GB Kingston DDR3

I am unable to solve this issue and thus unable to run any applications.

Any form of help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

what is your motherboard make and model?

and what is the frequency of the Kingston RAM?

Edited by dropbear, 05 August 2017 - 04:08 AM.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#3 grimnast

grimnast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

what is your motherboard make and model?

and what is the frequency of the Kingston RAM?

Asus P7H55-M

Kingston 4x2GB DDR3 667,9 MHz

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

Does 8 GB at least showup  in the BIOS?

if your mainboard has 4 slots, are the RAM modules in the required 2 slots for twin stick operation?

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users