Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird laptop issues...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pcblues

pcblues

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

Hello :)

Lenovo E530 laptop Win 8.1 64 bit.. by and large trouble free operations, but in the past two weeks , some unusual stuff happening , not sure if it has to do with the latest monthly updates installed on 22 July..

Suddenly a chat site I have a paid account with wouldn't let me log in with correct password , have visited help desk , PW was reset, profile reset, new PW made, email confirmation every time & program was reinstalled several times, but still can't log on > loging problems, check spelling < etc..

Weird thing that I can log on with a free unpaid nickname ( diff passwords) .. no issues,

also I can log on using the paid nickname on a different computer , but not on this laptop .

Totally weird.. and yes I am always using the correct PW , copy & paste , but tried typing it , makes no difference.

There are no log in problems anywhere else , email etc.. all works fine.

Was I hacked  ?  Or the chat program was interfered with , if that was the case , probably couldn't log in at all .

Is it possible to block one Nickname in a program/computer ?

Another annoying issue, suddenly I have MSN homepage popping up @ startup, but doesn't happen all the time , so weird , default browser Firefox ( always up to date ) how & where does MSN homepage come from , and how do I stop it !!?

For the record I have all my software/programs up to date and scan almost every day using different scans . all come up clean.

If anyone has an explanation/solution I'd love to hear it... please !!!

Cheers :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

the msn page issue is a windows 8.1 thing that microsoft put in that usally happens when you reconnect to the internet but its buggy so it dosent always happen you can disable this in the registry.

the chat program might be corrupted or something do you mind telling us what its called?

Attached Files

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

#3 AnnieFox

AnnieFox

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Mine does the same thing when I am on Facebook.  I have never blamed my computer.  I think someone is monitoring me!  On Fox News, the whole page looks scrambled and compressed! Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

@AnnieFox #3

First of all - welcome to BC !

Next it is far better to create a topic for yourself about your problem rather than try to tack your problem on to another topic. The reason is that very often similar sounding problems can have very different solutions and it just causes confusion for everybody trying to deal with two problems at the same time. We are simple minded folk here at BC !

I suggest you start a topic of your own in the section 'All other applications'. Just click on the button 'Start new topic', give the topic a descriptive name, then start writing about your problem. Describe the problem as accurately as you can and include details of your computer - make and model at least - and which operating system you are using. If you have any problems regarding how to start a topic send me a PM. Just click on my avatar and you will be taken to my profile where you will see a button 'Send me a message'.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 August 2017 - 05:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users