Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure where to start, began with freezing, System Repair Loop, then BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IvySCS

IvySCS

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

I'm praying that someone out there can help me I think my computer is a mess, but I'm not sure where to begin.

I have a Windows 7 (64-bit) ASUS laptop. I used it to stream a TV show to my television last night, and today it's chaos. First all I had was a black screen with a cursor.  I followed prompts and tried system repair and system restore, but the only change is that I now get to the Starting Windows screen and freeze. The system repair loops. And, most recently, I received a BSOD, which said STOP: C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've also tried chk dsk and sfc /scannow, with the same results. I'm not sure how to get logs or run any programs... without access to the friendlier GUI. Thank you for any help.

Ivy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hi,

I have a feeling that this is malware-related. Therefore, please post in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. (Even if it's not, the malware removal experts have special tools specific to that forum available to them that will help greatly.) Typically users are required to follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help, but since your computer is unbootable, please just say that you can't run FRST (actually you can, but you'll need to follow some specific instructions), even though you would like to.

Good luck!

Regards,
bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 05 August 2017 - 08:46 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users