Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Davidwhodosentknow

Davidwhodosentknow

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

On gmail I want to delete my email accounts. well maybe not all of the account. So I am thinking that I could use something to bring up my emails alphabetically and then delete many of them. Like "facebook" and stuff like that. I am using Gmail but maybe I should use another program, but I would like to stick with facebook. Can you give me some advise?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:12 PM

I am utterly unclear as to whether you want to close/delete your Google account or just to tidy up your inbox.

If the idea is to do a large scale purge of messages, then see:  

It is written with blind and visually impaired users in mind who use screen readers, but the same principles apply to anyone, but without the tricks necessary for screen reader users in particular.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 alishan

alishan

• Banned Spammer
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

I think you need to clear your point...

If you don't want to use Gmail more then, you can use some Desktop email clients like MS Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. You just need to configure your Gmail's account with these email clients and access in different view and platform.

It is recommended to use Outlook as it provides you many features to manage your email database as you said about to delete Facebook and stuff like that. 

Hope, this information will be helpful for you.

Edited by alishan, 05 August 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#4 Davidwhodosentknow

Davidwhodosentknow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

Still lost!

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

You have not presented a question that anyone can give you guidance on in any reasonable way.  You have been asked for clarification regarding what, exactly, it is that you are trying to accomplish.  If you cannot tell us that, reasonably clearly, we cannot possibly guide you there.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users