Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How are the Crimson drivers doing? Are they stable?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 antoniu200

antoniu200

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

Hello! I have recently had a power surge, which basically ruined my GTX 980's RAMDAC and it's soon going to be bought by someone for $300 (because Ethereum inflated prices - also mine is the lowest price on the Romanian market anyway). And, since I can't buy a GTX 980 Ti, because it's too expensive, or a 970 because too weak, I was looking forward to an R9 290X, which I found for $250. Of course, I didn't forget my older experiences with the AMD drivers, so I came here to ask: how are the Crimson drivers after almost 2 years of developement? Are they improving the performance by some margins? Are they more stable? How is OpenGL performance, any better?

If someone has an R9 290X on Windows 8.1, your reply would be appreciated a lot. If not, your reply is appreciated anyway, because I expect similar results. So, any reply regarding the 17.7 or 17.8 (if they exist) drivers are welcome and needed.

Edited by antoniu200, 04 August 2017 - 03:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users