Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus software will not execute - long version

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ted75

Ted75

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

First, let me say thank you in advance for any forthcoming assistance.  Here is a complete description of my issues that I am hoping to receive assistance on.

On Thursday morning (8/4) I received a firefox (so it said) update java script.  It was blocked by Malwarebytes so I downloaded it and executed it manually.  I know.  Pretty dumb.  I am not positive that this was the cause of my issue but pretty likely.

Sometime later I noticed that Malwarebytes was no longer working as usual.  I couldn't update or open the main interface.  All that I have is the tray icon.  From that I can only stop Malwarebytes but can do nothing else.  I did a full system scan with Windows Defender which found nothing.  No surprise there.  Through a long series of searches I downloaded FRST64 and tried to execute it.  It would not even start.  Then I wound up here.  I downloaded and executed RKill.  I would attach the log but there is no point as it found no issues.  The next link in the directions is do download and execute FRST64 after deleting the previous instance of it.  When I get to that link and click on it, it forces my computer to reboot.  I copied the link to make sure that it was pointing to the right place.  When I copy that link into my browser (I deleted Firefox and am now using IE) it causes my computer to reboot every time.  Here is the URL that causes me to reboot:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/

I sincerely appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ted75

Ted75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

My apologies.  I failed to mention that I am running windows 7 64 bit on a Dell laptop.

#3 Ted75

Ted75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Update:  Executed the following tools from other threads.

RKill - No issues found

Mini Toolbox - No issues found

tdsskiller - No issues found

securitycheck.exe - no issues found

adwcleaner - will not execute.  Agreement window opens and then closes immediately

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Hello, Post your FRST log from your link in a NEW topic here...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Let me know if tgat went well.

Edited by boopme, 08 August 2017 - 01:36 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users