Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox browser to big for monitor...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hi I have got a new monitor.. and now Firefox browser seems to be too big, not the viewed content but the things like tabs, bookmarks etc.. the Browser itself is too big for the screen. Does anyone know how to change this?

Edit I have just set the settings to 1366 x 768 via display settings this has made firefox right but the screen itself needs to move to the right by an inch.. these black towards to the right.. Everything needs to move to the right a bit more.. as everything to the left is cut off...

Edited by samuel3, 04 August 2017 - 10:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

Can you post a screen shot?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Ive sorted the display problem. Its just firefox itself now.. I need to try make the fonts smaller.. tabs etc..

Edited by samuel3, 04 August 2017 - 10:29 AM.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 6,787 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Could you say how, for the sake of future readers?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#5 samuel3

samuel3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

Could you say how, for the sake of future readers?

I just pressed the button on the Samsung monitor.. I tried it a couple times with no success, then once more and it adjusted to fit... Just firefox issue now.. too big...

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 6,787 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

I'm still unclear as to what it is, exactly, that you're trying to accomplish with regard to Firefox itself.

I know that, as far as displayed content, you can use CTRL+0 to go back to 100% if you've used either CTRL+MinusSign to make it smaller or CTRL+PlusSign to make it larger.

The browser itself follows the system settings unless tweaked otherwise.

~ Lauren Bacall

#7 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

You can also click control and use your mouse wheel to make it larger or smaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users