Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

simplitec Power Suite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

Is this program any good, I got a free download with Esets?

Jim

Edited by hamluis, 04 August 2017 - 06:16 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

The program that I'm mentioning is simplitec Power Suite, I was just reading that Quietman does not  recommend registry cleaners so I'm guessing the answer is no.

Jim

- If anyone has another opinion, I would like to hear it.

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

#3 dropbear

dropbear

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

looks like it does more than just clean the registry (which at the risk of flogging a dead horse, is not something that should be done without a very good reason, rather than as part of some routine cleanup process).

I would have thought there were more tried and tested programs out there, like CCleaner.

don't put too much stock in Simplitec's claims on what it can achieve - I guess you'll have to try it for yourself.

Instead of reading this, why not do a backup of your PC.

You won't regret it.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. Some of these programs even incorporate optimization and registry cleaning features alongside anti-malware capabilities. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Credit for this goes to Quietman7, one of our Global Moderators.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users