Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSOD Once a Day

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aliencds

aliencds

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Any help you can provide is appreciated. I had thought it was from ESET Antivirus but did a full removal and ran their removal tool and it is still happening. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

System Manufacturer
          · Exact model number - Dell Inspiron 545
        · OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
        ·  x64 (64-bit)
        · What was original installed OS on system? Yes
        · Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM Version
        · Age of the computer (hardware) - 3+ years
        · Age of OS installation - and whether you have re-installed the OS - Original OS

· Laptop or Desktop computer? Desktop
               · CPU - Pentium Dual Core CPU
               · Video Card - Onboard

Also attached the Sysnative APP logs

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hi,

I do apologize for the late response. If you are still in need of help, please run the Sysnative File Collection App, so all the log files are fresh.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 aliencds

aliencds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

I do apologize for the late response. If you are still in need of help, please run the Sysnative File Collection App, so all the log files are fresh.

bwv848, I can still use some help if you're able I uploaded some fresh logs. Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

Hi,

For some reason the dump files seem corrupt and unusable. This will make your case much harder to diagnose.

Anyway, I suggest you first update your BIOS to rule out low-level compatibility issues (it dates back from 2009) and ALL your drivers from HP's website. Best thing we can do without dumps.

Any idea what this Device Manager error is about?

MpKsld9dc486b    ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLD9DC486B\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

I notice lots of Live Kernel Events — these typically point to graphics card issues. Let's have a look at the dumps:

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• Type in %WinDir%\LiveKernelReports and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• If prompted to take permissions of that folder, please do so.
• Copy/paste the entire contents of that folder to your Desktop.
• Zip up (use .ZIP!!!) those files and attach them in your next reply.

Finally, when you have time please run these free hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Please run ALL the tests (especially the RAM, HDD, and GPU tests).

Regards,
bwv848

Edited by bwv848, 26 August 2017 - 11:17 PM.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 aliencds

aliencds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

Hi,

For some reason the dump files seem corrupt and unusable. This will make your case much harder to diagnose.

Anyway, I suggest you first update your BIOS to rule out low-level compatibility issues (it dates back from 2009) and ALL your drivers from HP's website. Best thing we can do without dumps.

Any idea what this Device Manager error is about?

MpKsld9dc486b    ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLD9DC486B\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

I notice lots of Live Kernel Events — these typically point to graphics card issues. Let's have a look at the dumps:

• Press and hold the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
• Type in %WinDir%\LiveKernelReports and hit Enter on your keyboard.
• If prompted to take permissions of that folder, please do so.
• Copy/paste the entire contents of that folder to your Desktop.
• Zip up (use .ZIP!!!) those files and attach them in your next reply.

Finally, when you have time please run these free hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Please run ALL the tests (especially the RAM, HDD, and GPU tests).

Regards,
bwv848

Thanks BWV. I went and updated the BIOS. It was only one version out of date. As far as that directory when I checked it was empty with nothing in it. I too thought the dates being wrong when I checked with BSOD viewer was ODD.

Is there any hardware diagnostics I can run in windows (Not Bootable)

This is my cousins computer and i'm trying to help him out via Teamviewer so unfortunately I can't get it setup other than walking him through it which would take me forever since hes not so tech savvy. 

I wish I can get physical access to the PC i would have just wiped it with a fresh copy of windows to void out if being a software issue.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by aliencds, 29 August 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

Hi,

The majority of them can be run within Windows. They are SeaTools for Windows, Prime95, Furmark (and most of the other video stress tests), and the Intel CPU stress tool. Please go ahead and run them first. For a Windows RAM test, try this one: www.hcidesign.com/memtest

Edited by bwv848, 02 September 2017 - 08:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users